cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

master socket wiring

Just checking is this wiring correct?

There is only two wires that come through the wall into the master socket, orange, and white.

it shows white wire is in B and orange wire is in A.

I have been having connection problems, looking at the picture the cables are supposed to be in the tiny holes in each section of a, B? as it seems that is is missing the hole from the picture i posted.

https://imgur.com/a/Vhh21Cu

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: master socket wiring

It is wired correctly, it wouldn't work at all if it wasn't.

Make sure the faceplate is firmly clipped in place, the NTE 5c can be problematic as it can become loose. Not pretty, but try taping it firmly in place.

Message 3 of 10

@licquorice Doesnt that clear part when pushed down push the wires into two biting points which penetrates the insulation? In which case it looks fine and im not sure what holes the chap is referring to?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Exactly

Message 5 of 10

So what connection problems are you getting @chris6584 ?

Are you noticing complete drop outs and the lights cycling on the HUB?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

my connection doesn't seem to be able to handle the 80/20 speed package, I get a lot of errors and slow websites loading, and when I try and use third party routers by tp link it seems to be worse, with other people telling me they use tp link vr2800 on FTTC and it is fine for them, so I want to get to the bottom of it.

When I asked to be put on 40/10 speed package my problems are gone.

I am wondering if it is the master socket too blame, I have tried using the test socket only and same problems happen.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

https://imgur.com/a/OhnCsuK

circled in black on the picture for you so you understand which holes I am referring too.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

is it possble to only have one wire connected to the mastersocket for broadband only? I dont use a telephone

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

It is possible but it would be very slow. Can you post your hub stats

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Yeah those holes dont matter, the cable is 'spliced' by metal pieces below that point and the connection is made lower down the wire.

If a lower speed profile works and the mastersocket is fine (which is looks to be) then the issue with that is going to be interference/degradation outside of your property, not much to be done about that depending on how the package was sold to you. Hopefully FTTP will be along soon!

0 Ratings