cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

"Digital Voice with different Router" (using a 3rd party router while using the SH2 for DV only).

@choppyc 

This thread seems to have been closed/archived, but it is probably still of interest to many. I have followed choppyc's method (but with a TP-Link TD-W9980 as the second router) and all seems well, except port forwarding to/from the public internet is not working. I have attempted to "also add a port fowarding Rule 1:65535 (BOTH) TCP and UDP to the static IP of the [2nd router]", and I can add and save the details, but if I leave that page and then come back again, the port forwarding rule has disappeared. It is the only rule I need and want, but I can't get it to stick.

Anyone know how to overcome this, or suggest another way of getting all ports forwarded to the 2nd router?

I also have dynamic DNS working, which has to be setup on the SH2, obvs, since the address which the 2nd router sees is not the public IP. This seems to work ok.

Marmite

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: "Digital Voice with different Router" (using a 3rd party router while using the SH2 fo

Are you sure you are saving the rule correctly, you need to click on the + symbol as if to create another rule and then click save.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: "Digital Voice with different Router" (using a 3rd party router while using the SH2 fo

You could always put the 9980 IP address in the DMZ of the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I am clicking on "Create a new port forwarding rule". The + sign only seems to come into play when you already have rules. But not always. Now I have managed to get a rule in, but when I click on "Create a new port forwarding rule" again, the existing rule disappears and I get a blank new rule. Maddening inconsistency.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

It already is, as per the original procedure outlined by @choppyc.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I managed to get 2 rules in which should do the job, but so far they are not forwarding.Picture11.GIF

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If the 9980 is in the DMZ, you don't need any port forwarding rules and probably why it is troublesome. By putting it in the DMZ, you are forwarding all ports.

I would suggest you take the 9980 out of the DMZ and just forward the port you require.

Don't forget you also need to forward the port to the final destination in the 9980.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Well, with the 2 forward rules as per graphic above, after a period of about half an hour with the browser logged out of the SH2, the forwarding to the relevant devices attached to the 9980 suddenly started to work properly. 

a watched pot never boils

0 Ratings