cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

zoom internet unstable

Hello All   

Need help / advice

I consider myself to be a fairly expert user (many years experience in technology)  -  for last 2  months have signficant issues with zoom with poor performance and 'internet unstable'  messages.  I have full fibre broadband  - excellent speed (upload and downland) and having monitoring tools checking speed and observe no issues whilst zoom is struggling.  I have tried virtually everything  I know ( it is not the laptop and try zoom else where using different broadband and no issues) - There is no issue with bandwidth , I have 20+ devices running however all my monitoring tools ( trying a few) show me I can plenty of bandwidth - SO PLEASE HELP  (and thank you in advance)

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: zoom internet unstable

This is a customer help customer forum for customers of BT Retail. I suggest you try your own ISP ZOOM customer forum for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

@imjolly 

@NaheemFazil  Could be referring to Zoom https://zoom.us/

As they are also using the application without issues on other broadband connections.

It could be local networking issues, especially if using a wireless connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hello there and thank you

Have tried both wired and wireless connections - same issue - router is 1 metre from my laptop

And if there was some type of networking issue , I assume it would reflect in reported bandwidth issues on my laptop - which it does not - s

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

@NaheemFazil 

Please confirm that you are talking about the application called Zoom, and you are on BT Full Fibre connection? What speed is your BT fibre connection?

The Zoom application can consume quite a bit of bandwidth, and if you have other devices streaming video content at the same time, then performance will suffer.

A wired connection is essential, to avoid any conflict with wireless connected devices.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hello there

Yes , it is ZOOM application .

On Full fibre connection and check my speed on my laptop constantly  - even when zoom is struggling and download speeds are above 300 and uploads are at least 50mb  -  and yes - connection is wireless - (have tried both wireless and wired)  - have spoken to BT as well and they have sent engineer who has performed the general tests and cant see an issue. - 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@NaheemFazil 

I would suspect an issue with the performance of the laptop, perhaps other applications running in the background using up the internal resources.

If its a Windows laptop, you can use the task manager to see what is running, and what memory and processor usage they are using.

If you have a desktop computer which is wired to the home hub using an Ethernet connection, then try Zoom on that.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Hello there 

Not laptop issue - have checked that many times  - CPU , memory  and networking are all good  (I am running some fairly advanced tools to check and confirm the laptop is all good and it is - very advanced and powerful laptop with huge RAM etc )  - and when I try the same laptop with a different internet provider I am not getting the same issue  - 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

You could try a factory reset of the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

done all of that - really appreciate all the advice and please keep it coming  (thank you)

BT have visited me and even provided an new router - and openreach done thorough checking of their network

0 Ratings