cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: BT Basic does not want new subscribers!

Go to solution

My mum has the same issue. Since July 2020, she has been applying for BT Basic; completed numerous forms, we called BT every time and they have confirmed that they have received the form and it will be processed accordingly. Then she gets a letter, saying she is not eligible because BT did not get the form in time or she does not receive the correct benefit. She is on pension Credit Guaranteed and we have even enclosed a copy of the recent letter but still the same response. I really would like to seek a legal advice on that because it is a joke. Such appalling service from BT is an insult to a pensioner.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Go to solution

I have asked the forum mods to see if they can help your mother get BT BASIC. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @alexbest2021,

I am sorry to hear that she hasn't been able to get her BT Basic set up with us.

You must be getting one of the following means-tested benefits:

• Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Pensions Credit (Guaranteed Credit)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (Income related)
  • Universal Credit (and are on zero earnings)

I've highlighted the one that you mentioned. I would like to offer you my teams help.

I'm going to send you a private message with some details that I need. 

Thanks

DanielS

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Subscribers, not heard that word for a few years 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hello @alexbest2021, thanks for taking my call earlier and just to confirm BT Basic is now set up on the account.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
THank you, John - just logged into my account and saw that it has been changed. I really appreciate your and everyone else's support on this matter; however, I have to say that for my mother alone this would be impossible to sort out. I am afraid, that quite a few people, who would be otherwise entitled to the service; would not get it because of complexity of the process.

Anyway, thanks again!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Goodness, I didn't even know BT basic still existed.. wow

0 Ratings