cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

A Question about tntsport in hd

hello everyone I have a question about tntsport in hd

If I watch tntsport via the discovery app, it does seem that tnt sport is in full hd, however if I go to watch the same channel on the BT pro box select the hd version of any of the tntsport channels, I then get a message saying I need to upgrade my package, i think i got error message BTP-11180 under the message.

If im correct, this seems very unfair, you get tntsport via the discovery app, in full hd, but on the pro box you dont, am I right in my thoughts, having just tried both ways of watching tntsports, this does seem to be the case, I understand it is very early days, but I hope this will be changed, if we customers get it free on the discovery plus app, why not on the BT pro box??

I have tntsport but not the hd package, 6 pounds a month is alot of money for just them 4 channels in full HD, as i dont have any other channels, like sky sports etc.

thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: A Question about tntsport in hd

That's how it's always been in the BT Sport app too - it's HD in the app, but you only get HD on the box if you pay for it.
Message 3 of 20

thanks for confirming, seems pretty useless to have the probox in my case, as im using that for tntsport only.

I think this needs to be looked at, it seems silly to me, if you have the pro box in use all the time you might buy now tv etc, at the moment you seem to get penalized for using it, might as well use the appto be honest, and save 6 pounds a month.

Message 4 of 20

You could also have taken out an app-only subscription and saved even more money. The BT TV Box gives the ability to stream it over multicast (meaning 20+ seconds ahead of the apps), and record it.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

hi it was on offer for 10 pounds a month, so it is good value, and there are a few channels in full HD on the pro box that are not in full HD anywhere else, the thread was more in case if i missed something, now after you saying about just the app for a cheaper price, it makes that practise even more hard to understand, it seems very unfair to me.

Thanks for confirming this, i thought i was missing something here, as im a pretty new customer to BT, im happy with the service and for 10 pounds a month its good value, maybe its time to take the pro box out and install the app on the firestick in the bedroom so its in full hd, and enjoy selected programs in 4k on my sony oled, should they not be in 4k, they will still be in full hd, with not a extra penny having to be spent

I hope this helps others, maybe its a better option to use the app, not the pro box.

thanks again

Message 6 of 20

I don’t think that it’s been possible to save money by going ‘app only’ for sport with BT for quite some time now actually. The £10 offer that was on last month was the best deal going and was cheaper than ‘app only’ which remained at £18. Some of us wondered whether there’d be a special offer for an annual Discovery+ premium subscription today, but that doesn’t seem to have materialised. 

Currently it’s £20pm for BT Broadband customers to get Discovery+ Premium, whereas it’s £18pm to get TNT Sport on BTTV with Discovery+ included. Both on 24 month contracts.

I was an app only customer until April last year, but I pay for the HD/UHD add-on on BTTV and I think it’s well worth it. Although I’m very impressed with how the TNT Sports channels are looking on the Discovery+ app so far. 

Message 7 of 20

I was an app only customer until April last year, but I pay for the HD/UHD add-on on BTTV and I think it’s well worth it. Although I’m very impressed with how the TNT Sports channels are looking on the Discovery+ app so far.

Hello, to be honest, if you watch on the bt sport app, the picture looks ok colour wise, but when you watch via discovery plus app, the colour looks redish to me, and to much colour as well, however its good there is no tv or square in the picture , im sure these niggles with get ironed out.

I sometimes have to close the discovery app to watch the sport channel as well, no play ircon appears, and i also dont see the program that is being shown in the epg, just a blank box instead, but i see the next program in the guide, but im sure itll get fixed pretty soon, the quailty of the picture itself is pretty good

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Forgive me for needing to ask for verification but in my defence it's late and I'm tired.

Am I right to take out of this thread that I can drop the HD/4K £6 addon if I'm ONLY using the Discovery+ app, and NOT the Pro box, and still be receiving the TNT channels in  HD on the app? Food for thought there methinks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

@why_oh_why  Yes. I assume that you’ve only got the Sport pack with no other channels or add-ons. I’m not sure whether you’d get 4K though. That was an extra £5 with the BT Sport app. It might just be included for everyone.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

hi, i emailed discovery plus and this is what they told me, about hd and 4k on tnt sports

I would like to inform you that some of the content will be in 4k or HD.

I am happy to inform you that selected live events available in 4K HDR quality, complete with immersive Dolby Atoms audio.