cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Activating TNT sports on BT

Totally confused by the changeover from BTSport to TNTSport.  I go round in circles.  Am told to click on a link to go to MyBT to activate Discovery+ , I click on the link and there's no more instructions, no link.  I hunt around through my account and eventually find that there's error message saying there's a problem with TNTSports and to retry in  30minutes.  I've been trying to make sense of it for days.  Just spinning wheels.  Surely you can do better than this BT???  It's awful.  All I want is to have access to the same thing as I had before.  How hard can it be?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Activating TNT sports on BT

Hi @haggisbasherman,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties activating discovery+.

How do you get your TNT Sports at the moment, do you have BT TV or is it included with your BT or EE Mobile?

Depending on how you get your TNT Sports, if you follow the instructions on Activate discovery+ it should allow you to complete the activation.

If you still run into the same issue, please try another browser.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I have bt sports with broadband subscription and also ee mobile.  
The update system simply doesn’t work. So irritating! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for posting back @haggisbasherman

Did you click on the second link my colleague @PaddyB posted above?  Let me know what exactly happens when you try and follow that online journey, please.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

If by the "second link" you mean the  Activate discovery+ link, that is what I have kept doing with no success.  I click on it and it takes me to some page where I login and click on the activate button, then it takes me to the login for MyBT which I duly do which then takes me to my homepage in MyBT and that's where I'm left.  There's no further link, there's no discovery+ login given to me.  I can go to Products and signup to TNT sports (ie at a further cost) but that's not what I'm after.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious.  I'm not a luddite.  It there was an obvious way I would have figured it out by now.  Just makes me want to leave BT forever tbh.  Am planning on moving house soon and certainly won't be sticking with BT with any sense of brand loyalty.  It's so frustrating.  By all means send an engineer to my house to sort it out if you want to; he'd be very welcome!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for posting back @haggisbasherman

I am sorry again for the problems activating discovery+.  Thanks for confirming the process you're following.  Give one of our guides in the helpdesk a call on 0330 1234 150 who'll be able to help you further with this.

Feel free to post back and let us know how you get on chatting with them.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

OK so I phoned, first spoke to helpdesk people and went though the issue in detail and put me  on <HOLD; time passes....> before speaking to the technical team who then said it's not a technical issue because I don't officially have BTSports as it was part of a previous promotion where you got it free on mobile devices as a broadband or mobile customer, so they passed me onto the sales team <HOLD; time passes....>.  Sales team said it was part of an old promotion too so weren't sure what to do, so spoke to his manager..<HOLD; time passes....>..he then came back and took me through the same defunct process that I've tried 20+ times now before telling me he wasn't sure and would need to pass me onto the TVTech team....  <HOLD; time passes....> who activated a discoveryplus account for me but I can't actually watch any content because it was never shown as active on my BT account...so she needs to speak to the technical team <HOLD; time passes....> she then tells me that my old offer which was free BTSports on mobile devices because of a BTmobile account was actually stopped in March23 (but nobody has actually told me that)....so she would speak to the "Value Team" (which can only be a comedy title surely?!) ...<HOLD; time passes....> 

So I've spent 1hour and 9minutes on the phone and spoken to 8 different people and am finally told by the 'Value Team' that if I want to maintain the same service as I had before that I need to pay more money.  A loyal customer who has been with BT for as long as I can remember...costing me over £50 per month every month for my broadband/mobile stuff.  So disappointed....."it's a no from me".  I will abandon BT forever as soon as I can conveniently do so.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Looking on the bright side - you still have access to BT Sport due to a fault that meant it wasn't removed when you weren't eligible anymore. You'll keep that access until October 12th when BT Sport shuts down.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Bright side?!  There's nothing bright in any of this.  What a shocker of a way to treat a customer. 

Actually the only bright side was that the multiple staff who dealt me on the phone in  my 1 hour and 9 minute talking and holding phone frenzy were all professional and polite.   Nothing else positive so I will defo be off soon-as.

Ciao

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@haggisbasherman I just had another customer with a similar issue to yours, so I dug a little deeper.  Turns out BT Mobile customers are still entitled to TNT Sports access, as long as they're on a top tier tariff.  Your access to BT Sport should have ended in October 2021 when you changed your subscription, but it wasn't. If you want access to TNT Sports (and discovery+) you just need to increase the tariff you're on to one that is eligible - this would be much cheaper than any other option.

Please note though, that another fault with your current setup is that it hasn't been restricting your access to just mobile devices - this is all you're entitled to with a BT Mobile subscription.  Given that you appear to only use the service on your iPhone, this should be OK.

0 Ratings