cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Annoying Messages on On Demand Replays

Usually I can't watch live football so the next day I watch the full replay on demand on my laptop. I go to great lengths to avoid the result or score in games I want to watch (not helped by the way the BT website is set out with results of all games in prominent and difficult to avoid locations).

But even worse, there now seems to be a new "feature" on the replays that puts a message at the top centre of the screen about ten seconds before certain events occur e.g goals, shots on target, yellow cards etc. This has seriously diminished my enjoyment of the replays and I'm at a loss to understand why it has been introduced.

Surely the message would be better just after the event has occurred. Either that, or is there some way I can disable this "feature"? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Annoying Messages on On Demand Replays

Could you please give an example of what you're referring to? I can't picture it. A specific replay, with a time stamp, and the platform you're watching on would be ideal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

The example I've chosen comes from the Maccabi Haifa v PSG Champions League game played on 14 September. I was watching a full replay the next day on my laptop through my.bt.com. The message in question (37' Messi scores) at the top centre of the screen appeared at about the 35.50 minute mark - Messi scored about 10 seconds later. Similar messages appeared  approximately 10 seconds before every goal, shot on target, yellow card etc in this replay as well as other replays I've recently watched on BT.

Surely no need to tell you how these messages diminish enjoyment of the replays. Not so obvious perhaps is the effect of not seeing this message as your team goes on the attack - if you don't see the message you know straight away that your team is not going to score or even produce a shot on target in the next ten seconds. As stated previously, these messages would be less intrusive if they appeared just after the event has occurred. If that's not possible, is there some way I can disable this "feature"?Messi scores.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Ah ok thanks. That's the web enhanced player.

It's not something we have any direct control over, but we are in the process of trying to make all matches available in our own player instead. This gives us complete control over the experience and allows us to provide options to turn features on and off - including goal alerts, which you're seeing here.

So, for now, we can't offer the option to turn them off ... but I will ask our suppliers why you're seeing them early. One thing I'll ask though - could you please confirm that your PC clock is correct? I don't know if it would have any influence on their player?

Message 5 of 14

Just checked and my PC clock is spot on. Thanks for your response - I'd be very interested to know why I'm seeing these alerts early

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Which browsers have you tried?
The devs aren't aware of any issues.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Google Chrome is the browser I've used.

What do the devs say about exactly when the alerts are supposed to appear on the screen?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Sorry for the slow update on this one.
We can confirm that some replays are affected by issues with timing. The issue is in the source data (timestamps on events are wrong), so it's actually affecting all platforms - it's just more obvious on the web player.
It's currently with our suppliers to identify what went wrong on the affected events.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the problem will be fixed before the next round of the Champions League.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

This problem has still not been fixed. As a result, the full replays of Champions League games are still unwatchable. I do NOT want to know what happens 15 to 20 seconds before it occurs on the screen.

0 Ratings