cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 62

Re: Annoying red live box Champions league TNT

Seems to be quite wide-spread with the complaints ive seen on social media and a few other forums about the 'LIVE' red box not fading off. Either a faulty update from Discovery (Seems to be a thing this week for them!!!! More below...) or something has changed in the back causing the issue.

(They sent out an update for ROKU on Monday 29th April, that left no one able to watch any video at all, be-it live or ondemand; but didn't pull the update and roll it back for another 24Hrs. Tuesday evening it was finally rolled back, only after people were unable to watch the UCL match and went spare on social media and their live-chat customer support! You'd think a company the size of WBD would not be chucking out duff updates en-masse like this that clearly haven't been properly quality-checked!!)

Message 22 of 62

@Popeye13_Official app releases for Roku devices are tested both by WBD and Roku before they're released to the public.  For it to have got through both stages of test, the issue must be related to the data that feed the app - i.e. a time sensitive fault.  Roll backs need to go through the release approval process again, so aren't instant.

I don't have an Apple TV to check the red box issue - is there any chance this is a misguided design feature?  Can you see that red "Live" box elsewhere in the UI, that is failing to hide with the rest of the screen?  Or is it completely on its own?

Message 23 of 62

If it helps I have just been trying viewing live TNT Sport on the Discovery app on my Chromecast dongle and there the red live box disappears after a few seconds at the same time as the playbar.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 62

It’s part of the pause overlay and has been since switch to discovery during matches. Normally it goes away a second or so after pressing play 

However at present it goes for a second and comes back. It’s still there as of the 6th of may. It’s on all tnt channels. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 62

No idea what you are on about what the hell is DSE.. Please do not distract from the subject.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 62

So it was a down date.. Makes sense!
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 62

Hopefully you can fix this before the champions league 👍

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 62

As this bug is in the discovery+ app, I'm afraid it's down to them to fix it - we have no view of their bugs, or any influence on when they fix them.
Message 29 of 62

Perhaps you should stop using them then. 

How do I report it to them? I mean is it not possible for TNT to report the issue to them? Clearly effecting multiple users when trying to watch your content. 

TBH this a terrible response.. 😂

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 62

Hopefully they fix. 

0 Ratings