cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport Subsciption: Multiple Accounts, and no 4K UHD

Go to solution

Evening all- hope this note finds you well.

I really need some help with my BT Sport subscription as have been having a nightmare now for around 3 months.

For the record- I’m just a BT Sport customer- not broadband or any other TV package. I’ve been with BT Monthly Pass (was it called Ulitimate pass?) for a couple of years on the rolling monthly contract. 

Im also a Sky TV customer and someone recently let me know that if you speak with BT, if you give your viewing card number you can get access to your BT Sport on your Sky TV box as well as via the BT Sport app.

This sounded perfect for me and my needs so I spoke with BT live chat to make this happen and they put me through to the sales team. The sales team insisted that to do this, I had to change from the BT Monthly pass, to “BT on Sky” monthly pass. It’s the same cost (£29.99) so that seemed fine to me. I asked them very clearly in the sales call - “Do I continue to keep my 4K BT Ultimate access on this package” and they assured me yes you do.

They also said I had to have a new account number set up to do this so when I log in to BT, I can’t see my products -it instead lets me switch acccounts to view bills, but not see my actual products. 

Ever since the “upgrade”, I’ve been stuck with HD only via the BT App and my third complaint, with no resolution again, has been closed without my consent AGAIN (and despite being promised a call back). Originally one of the tech team had told me it was all sorted and my 4K access would be restored within hours but as I say, 3 months in without 4K HDR, which is why I pay for it, leaves me incredibly disappointed, frustrated, and frankly out of pocket.

Could someone help a guy out here and help me with:

1) Can I restore my 4K access?

2) Can I have just one account to view on log in to help me manage it?

3) Can I be compensated for the total mess and incompetence after all of these calls and chats and to have paid £90 across 3 months for a service (4K). I’m not getting?

If we can’t resolve, il just leave it and cancel.

So sorry to be a moaning Mavis but i don’t know where else to turn to to sort what I thought would be a simple customer service issue out.

Appreciate your time reading

Cheers

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport Subsciption: Multiple Accounts, and no 4K UHD

Go to solution

Hi @SPORTSLJM 

Sorry for the poor experience you've had 😞

I have restored your 4K HDR access so you should find that is now working.

I also see you do have 1 ID which accesses both accounts so you should be able to log in with no issues.

Regarding compensation, we don't deal with that here but if you give us a call I'm sure we could sort something out for you.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Darren

Firstly, thank you for restoring my 4K access- I have checked this and it appears resolved. Excellent news.

Regarding the one log in, but two account numbers….

I can log in without any issue, but everything in the “MY BT” space defaults to my old monthly pass account, so I always get a message saying “Restart your subscription” as it recognises my old a/c was cancelled (as I had a new account for the BT on Sky subscription).

I can go to Settings>Account and then choose the new account in the top right corner, but I can only browse my bill- if I try to click “your products” it immediately defaults be back to my old cancelled subscription again. It’s very confusing. 

In terms of making a 4th complaint to highlight how this went unresolved actoss 3 interactions and needed the excellent help of you and the BT Community,  is it easier to do this over chat? Also, is there a way I can reference your resolution to them so they can see how easy it should have been to fix in the first place?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@SPORTSLJM  Great to hear it's working as expected.

I think it is probably best for you to "remove" your old account from your BT ID in that case then. You can do this in the account settings somewhere but let me know if you have trouble doing this yourself.

Regarding the complaint, I can leave some notes on your account detailing it is now fixed and you never had it for months to make your next call that bit easier.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah really struggling to see how I cancel the old account, as it seems to flick me back between the two accounts each time I choose an option. If you could help that would be super useful 🙂

And yes if you can confirm once notes have been left on my account that would be amazing, to support my next contact/chat 🙂

Thanks so much 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@SPORTSLJM  That should be sorted for you now! Your account with notes is updated.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Darren, is there any way you can check my account again please? It’s still defaulting me to the original profile and cancelled subscription when I log into My BT.

I can DM you the account number that needs deleting if that helps.

It seems to be preventing me from activating Discovery + because the My BT section automatically loads up the profile where I have no product, so doesn’t think I’m eligible.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@DarrenW  Forgot to tag you in yesterdays message

0 Ratings