cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport Xbox App - No HDR since this week?

Go to solution

Hi, hoping to get the kind attention of @DarrenDev on this one.

Since this week only, I’ve had no HDR on BT Sport Ultimate (4K only) via Xbox Series X app (subscription via EE with large screen add on).

BT Sport app Device Checker shows no HDR, however Xbox menu “4K TV details” shows green tick by “Your TV supports HDR10 video” and indeed can successfully playing HDR10 video via other apps eg Youtube on same Xbox.

Up til now I’ve always had 4K HDR via same set up, and haven't made any recent changes. I tried reinstalling the BT Sport app to no avail. I’ve also tried playing around with different screen refresh rates / colour depths just in case, also to no avail.

I have photos of the relevant screens including my device UID from the app’s Device Checker if needed.

I was wondering if there is a known issue on this at the moment, or it’s just me?

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport Xbox App - No HDR since this week?

Go to solution
Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue currently. When I click the settings cog and check my device compatibility it says I don’t have an ultimate subscription however according to EE I have
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
DarrenDev posted a little while back that there’s no support for the BT Sport apps now since the merger with Warner/Discovery.
Presumably it will pick up later this year but it’s the same reason there’s no updates to support 4kUHD/HDR on the PS5 app
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Appreciate the reply! Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

HDR has been disabled on Xbox Series S and Series X devices. We don't know why, but these devices are no longer able to keep picture and audio in sync when playing the HDR stream, so we've disabled it.

4k is still available, but only in SDR.

I did ask for a suitable message to be added to the device checker, but I'm on holiday and haven't had an answer yet as to whether it has been done.

TNT will be launching their new app in time for the next football season, which may add HDR support back (we don't know).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Can you not work with Microsoft on this to resolve the issue?

Failing that, is there any updates on the bt sport app becoming available on LG TVs?

I only have an Xbox and LG TV for smart features. I refuse to buy another smart TV device simply to get the HDR service I am entitled to as part of my paid subscription.

BT need to be doing a lot better, especially considering the prices they charge!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
BT Sport is no longer being developed. Warner Bros Discovery take over the service this summer, under the new brand "TNT Sports" with new apps.
0 Ratings