cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport app won’t display Airplay icon to live cast

Hi all. I purchased the BT Sport monthly pass today and downloaded the app to my iPhone. The intention was to live cast to my LG TV via Airplay. This works fine with Netflix.

BT Sport works fine on the phone…but the Airplay icon keeps disappearing or doesn’t appear at all. When it does appear, I click it, all looks ok, but I’m not given a box to confirm the TV code and nothing transfers to the screen. Then Airplay vanishes.

Any ideas why it’s glitching out? I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app several times, rebooted the phone, checked the Local Area Network permission…all fine 😞

Not much point having the pass if I can’t watch sport on the TV.

any guidance much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport app won’t display Airplay icon to live cast

@DarrenDevis better placed to confirm this, but i believe Airplay on the tellys isn't a reliable medium.It works when it wants and not when it doesn't.

I also prefer to Airplay, its far more stable than using the Apple TV BT Sport app, which bounces up and down in quality like a yoyo on speed!

It might be worth you getting a Fire Stick, which will be far more widely supported than your TV and more reliable to.

Message 3 of 4

Ah ok - thanks for that. LG doesn’t have an BT Sport app it appears so Airplay was the only option. But I will look into the fire stick if the Airplay option is going to be hit and miss. Cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The presence of the Airplay icon is mostly controlled by Apple, so I'm surprised you're seeing a better experience in the Netflix app - although Netflix do have a reputation for working at a lower level to get more control.

I'm afraid we can't control the icon disappearing - the usual cause of this would be either weak WiFi signal or broadcast messages failing to travel around your network. Rebooting your router and any WiFi repeaters or powerline adapters can often fix the latter. If WiFi signal is the issue though, getting connected will only be the start of your problems.

Airplay 2 (as found on LG TVs) is notoriously bad with BT Sport, so I would definitely take @Popeye13_Official's advice and use a different device.