cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport on Sky - 2 screens?

I have a BT Sports sub on Sky Q and I seem to only be able to watch it on one screen, my main TV. I have a sky Q multiroom sub and sometimes I would like to watch BT Sport in the other room with Sky. (My wife almost demands it!)

I know this will have been asked a zillion times before, but I am confused by what I see when searching for this info.

Can someone give me the definitive answer on this?

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport on Sky - 2 screens?

If you pay via BT you have to pay an additional charge to get the additional boxes active.

Sky Multiroom will give you BT Sport on all boxes if you pay via Sky only.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

So, because I have BT Sport through BT, I can only watch on one specific device? I don’t think that was explained to me when I took out the contract. I can understand restricting to only one device at a time, but only one specific device? I’m really not happy about that. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Multiroom on Sky has only ever supported subscription channels managed by Sky themselves.

It isn't a BT thing - it's a Sky thing.

On the other hand, if you switch to pay via Sky then you will not have access the the Ultimate channel or any of the BT Sport apps and streaming services.

@imackenwrote:

So, because I have BT Sport through BT, I can only watch on one specific device? I don’t think that was explained to me when I took out the contract. I can understand restricting to only one device at a time, but only one specific device? I’m really not happy about that. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@imacken 

Current arrangements are that if you pay BT for access to BT Sport on Sky Q you pay a price for access to BT Sport on the main Q box. You then pay extra for:

• HD
  • Access on an additional multiroom box

A benefit of buying through BT was the subscription (whilst more expensive usually), also included access to the BT Sport app. I don’t know if this is still the case, but if it is you could use that to watch in another room.

If you pay Sky to access BT Sport the price includes HD and any multiroom boxes by default, so is usually better value if your main viewing and TV deal is via Sky.

BT Sport Ultimate was announced as being added to Sky in July, but the rollout has been delayed. Having the general UHD subscription with Sky will be a given for access to it on top of the BT Sport subscription cost.

Whichever route you go down, BT Sport 5 - 10 are only available in standard definition on Sky via the red button. For a few people that set up has been a bit flaky lately.

You cannot pay BT for access to BT Sport on Sky Glass.

Looking further ahead, due to the recent joint venture between BT Sport and Discovery, the BT Sport channels will be rolled into the Discovery+ app (or it’s successor), which is also available through Sky.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Good grief! It wasn’t that long ago that BT and Sky declared that they were opening up to each other. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

They have and continue to do so, but they are your current options considering you have Sky Q.

Pay BT more money or subscribe through Sky instead.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I wouldn’t say they had considering all the differences and subtleties mentioned above. 
The implication of your statement is that it’s my fault for being on Sky Q. I pay BT a whole stack of money per month for all sorts of stuff and have done for about 25 years, so excuse me for feeling a bit aggrieved that I can’t do something simple like watch a football match on my TV!

Message 9 of 10

Whichever company you choose, BT, Sky or Virgin, you are going to find stuff you can not have. That is competition.

Message 10 of 10

@imackenwrote:

I wouldn’t say they had considering all the differences and subtleties mentioned above. 
The implication of your statement is that it’s my fault for being on Sky Q. I pay BT a whole stack of money per month for all sorts of stuff and have done for about 25 years, so excuse me for feeling a bit aggrieved that I can’t do something simple like watch a football match on my TV!

All I have tried to do is help you with the current facts. As @ozsat says, every option is slightly different and has compromises one way or another.

Honestly, I don’t care what you pay or who you pay it too, the answer is simply to get what you want you will either need to pay BT more money (if you don’t get app access as part of your current subscription), or stop paying them and start paying Sky.

Please remember this is a customer to customer support forum, you are right that we have answered this question a gazillion times, we do not work for BT (apart from the mods), or Sky and we are not making you pay anyone anything. Caveat emptor.

Whilst I enjoy the debate about sports rights and TV tech as do other members, we are not party to the contractual anomalies of the sport broadcast rights market and cross supply deals, we can only tell you what we know now and how those choices will give you the outcome you asked for.

Its up to you what you do with the information.

————————————————————-