cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport to TNT

Go to solution

Dear Forum,

i have [had] BT Sports on what seems to at moment be called 'Sport TV' package. It now lists my products as TNT Sports and Discovery+.. On the BT account page, as a 'Monthly Add On' i also have Discovery+, not sure why.

When i went to watch BT Sports thinking the app would auto update, i cant use it. Installing Discovery+ and the app also initially failed to allow me to use it, asking for me to pay £29.99.

Ive subsequently been online, been through various portals, some of which didnt seem to work, to 'activate Discovery+'.

I now seem to have access to Sports through Discovery+ App. but dont know if the Premier League football will play yet, as need to wait for a game, to test it [not sure if any further paywalls].

On calling BT, they seemed to have no idea about how i should watch TNT. As i have a [terrible] BT Box, i am told i can ONLY watch it through the Box. I dont use the box as its terrible and i only watch the Football, and i, up to now, have watched via the BT Sport app on Apple TV and Amazon FireStick which has always been fine. This is how i requested to watch when i signed up so happy with this.

I appear to now have set up Discovery+ on my 3 LG TVs so i dont need Apple TV and FireStick, but BT still tell me i cant do this? Again, ill wait until a Premier League game is on to test it.

Do this sound familair to anyone? is the Discovery+ app the correct place to watch TNT? Why do BT think i cant user the TV app?

Additionly BT tell me they wrote to me to tell me all this, how tos, etc, but i didnt get anything.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport to TNT

Go to solution

As a Sport on BT TV subscriber, you currently have the choice of all 3 apps - BT TV, BT Sport, and discovery+

Your profile is looking all present and correct, and it shows that you've correctly activated your discovery+ pass.

So all is good.  I can only apologise for the very poor information you were given by the helpdesk. I've sent a note to the advisor you spoke to, to educate them on the options available.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I cant answer most of your points but i've actually just signed up to the forum for this reason - 

The Discovery+ app on LG TVs is broken - very broken. Whether you are watching something live or something on playback it constantly buffers / stutters for a few seconds every 15-20 seconds. Its unwatchable. 

I tweeted Discovery+ after their last app update (which caused the issue), as did many others with LG TVs.

Discovery were replying to people to say they knew about it and their engineers were looking into it but there has been no update to the app and that was around 2 months ago. The problem persists. 

Just wanted to make you aware incase you thought it was just you. 

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Your reply isn't related to the original post at all @batchwafc other than the brief mention of the app on LG TV. It would be better as a separate post.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Apologies, just trying to be helpful in case OP thinks its just him when he comes to use the LG app - i certainly did at first and spent a week trying everything i could think of.

I've removed the irrelevant bit. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

ill bear all this in mind.

i have a newly built house, spec'd by me, with CAT6 all over, so i expect no buffering.

BT sport app previously did buffer sometimes so ill wait and see

0 Ratings