cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT TV App (v2.0.0.0) not working - error WP041

That doesn't work.  It seems just to take you to the BT website page, and as I said before, on that site the picture freezes after about 10 secs viewing (though the sound commentary continues).  I am surprised my laptop is considered too old - it does support Windows 10!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

Most laptops/PCs in the last 10 years support Windows 10.
If the picture freezes then it's most likely the same issue discussed in Solved: bt sports app on windows - BT Community which again confirms your laptop isn't quite up to handling it.   As mentioned there, we should hopefully have a fix out next week to lower the quality to a level that your laptop can handle.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

Your reply stated "we hopefully should have fix out next week.  That was several weeks ago and problem persists.  Please advise.  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

The fix for the BT Sport web site has been live a few weeks, and has resolved the issue for all other customers who have reported the issue with the picture jumping/freezing. Are you still seeing an issue with the BT Sport site? Or the BT TV app?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

I am accessing via the My BT website.  Is there a better way?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Depends what you're accessing.
When you're seeing the issue, are you in your web browser at www.bt.com/sport? Or are you in the BT TV app, or www.player.bt.com?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

If I understand correctly, this fix isn't for the WP041 error, it's a separate freezing issue when viewing outside the BT TV player app. If that's not the case, I'm happy to be corrected. I can confirm for me attempting to watch EuroSport from the BT site causes the BT TV player to launch and error with WP041. It remains an annoyance and I have to reflect that I didn't get similar issues with using Sky's online view, I don't hit issues with ITVX, iPlayer or Netflix. I appreciate it is a fair bit of work to resolve, but I do feel either the app should be updated to allow EuroSport and other such programmes to be watchable, or support viewing from within the browser.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

I am accessing vie the my BT site, which sends me to bt.com/sport, so I guess the answer is the former.  The picture still freezes after a few seconds, though the sound continues ok

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

Ok, so if it's still failing for you on the BT Sport web site then yours is a different issue that we don't know the cause of. I'm afraid it's unlikely to be fixed.
Given that it's Eurosport that you're trying to watch, rather than BT Sport, you can now watch that via the Discovery+ app and web site. Check out www.bt.com/discoveryplus for details on how to use your BT ID to create a D+ login. Hopefully you'll have better luck with their service than ours.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

I'm not trying to access Eurosport, rather the standard BT Sport channels.  It worked in the past (up till 3 months ago)!