cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 86

Re: College football

Hi All, I'm sorry for the confusion over this coverage. 
Please contact Discovery+ support directly for any queries using the the below webform. 

https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=4418531532433

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 86

Forgive me for being sceptical, @JohnC2 , but as someone who already had a Discovery Plus annual sport subscription for the cycling, I asked them back in June if TNT would be included in that package and they *guaranteed* it would. So much so, they refunded the entirity of my annual D+sport package when it became apparent that TNT wasn't part of it. As a result, I don't believe these support operatives are remotely reliable.

Message 13 of 86

There is no reason for either of these comments to be wrong.

"ESPN content, including ESPNFC and selected college sports events, will not be shown on TNT Sports."
"NCAA College Football .. TNT Sports will be covering this season."

The ESPN coverage may not be availabe but the football is also shown on NBC, CBS and Fox.

Week 0

Saturday, Aug. 26

Notre Dame vs. Navy (Dublin, Ireland) | 2:30 p.m. | NBC
Mercer vs. North Alabama (Montgomery, Alabama) | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
Jacksonville State vs. UTEP | 5:30 p.m. | CBSSN
New Mexico State vs. UMass | 7 p.m. | ESPN
San Diego State vs. Ohio | 7 p.m. | FS1
Vanderbilt vs. Hawai'i | 7:30 p.m. | SEC Network
Jackson State vs. South Carolina State (Atlanta, Georgia) | 7:30 p.m. | ABC
USC vs. San Jose State | 8 p.m. | Pac-12 Network
Louisiana Tech vs. Florida International | 9 p.m. | CBSSN

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 86

There may be an element of truth in that, as BT Sport always used to have the CBS SEC game of the week (often over better ESPN games).

It would certainly be extremely interesting if TNT (owned by Warner Bros) took a Fox product, especially as Fox have traditionally not offered it internationally.

Notre Dame's NBC package is owned by Sky Sports (who also show the Conference USA games from NFL Network).

Edit to add: if ESPN product is no longer available on TNT, it hints they may have their own plans from August 18.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 86

Perhaps add it to the Disney+ bundle - as done in the US.

@w0036471wrote:

There may be an element of truth in that, as BT Sport always used to have the CBS SEC game of the week (often over better ESPN games).

It would certainly be extremely interesting if TNT (owned by Warner Bros) took a Fox product, especially as Fox have traditionally not offered it internationally.

Notre Dame's NBC package is owned by Sky Sports (who also show the Conference USA games from NFL Network).

Edit to add: if ESPN product is no longer available on TNT, it hints they may have their own plans from August 18.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 86

BT site has list of all live sport to be shown on TNT in next 30 days, nothing is listed for weeks 0 or 1. Nor do any college sports feature on the complete A-Z list of sports TNT covers on the BT site. The obfuscation from BT throughout this debacle is tending me to believe there may be no live college football (or college sports in general). If you have contacted BT as I have on multiple occasions you will be aware that they do not want to engage at all. They initially spouted the "nothing changes" line and initially that is all the information they would give, but when that proved false they then advised it referred only to live sport at the transition date only. They had no information on out of season sports at the transition date. About a fortnight ago I was told that there would be an announcement on the sports that did not feature on the TNT coverage list within five days. Nothing came of it. BT are resorting to just trying to get you off the phone if you ask what is happening with NCAA sport. It seems mighty suspicious.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 86

@ozsat "The ESPN coverage may not be availabe but the football is also shown on NBC, CBS and Fox." But NBC, CBS & Fox aren't available in the UK are they? 

@w0036471 "It would certainly be extremely interesting if TNT (owned by Warner Bros) took a Fox product, especially as Fox have traditionally not offered it internationally."  We've had games from Fox on BT Sport in all previous seasons, ie. Big 10 games like Ohio State v Michigan. Probably because those massive games are available on their flagship FOX channel. 

Overall, given that...

1) TNT sport isn't going to be part of Discovery+ (from @w0036471 

2) ESPN Player has been cancelled in UK (from me & @ajscott32 

3) Other ESPN products have been scrapped by TNT Sports

4) All the conference realignment stuff going on in USA, eg possibly PAC12 going to Apple TV subscriptions 

....it seems likely that it's not even been sorted out yet at any level for UK coverage. 

For anyone interested, here's what ESPN player says about TV rights in other countries. 

noopjay_0-1691228207049.png

Message 18 of 86

The comment about BT Sport showing Fox college football games in past years is not accurate.  They have only ever shown ESPN and CBS games.

I've been frustrated for a number of years about not being able to watch any games on FOX including Ohio State vs Michigan.

Message 19 of 86

New PAC12 deal would not take effect until 2025(if there still is a PAC12) so does not impact this year. This is likely the last season of College Football as we know it.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 86

Not available in the UK but not on ESPN - so could be taken by TNT Sports.

@noopjaywrote:

@ozsat "The ESPN coverage may not be availabe but the football is also shown on NBC, CBS and Fox." But NBC, CBS & Fox aren't available in the UK are they? 

@w0036471 "It would certainly be extremely interesting if TNT (owned by Warner Bros) took a Fox product, especially as Fox have traditionally not offered it internationally."  We've had games from Fox on BT Sport in all previous seasons, ie. Big 10 games like Ohio State v Michigan. Probably because those massive games are available on their flagship FOX channel. 

Overall, given that...

1) TNT sport isn't going to be part of Discovery+ (from @w0036471 

2) ESPN Player has been cancelled in UK (from me & @ajscott32 

3) Other ESPN products have been scrapped by TNT Sports

4) All the conference realignment stuff going on in USA, eg possibly PAC12 going to Apple TV subscriptions 

....it seems likely that it's not even been sorted out yet at any level for UK coverage. 

For anyone interested, here's what ESPN player says about TV rights in other countries. 

0 Ratings