cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Discovery+ app: Timeline markers now on by default and keep reappearing

This seems to be new in my experience. They are spoilers and should be off by default and should definitely not keep reappearing any time you do a REW/FF.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Discovery+ app: Timeline markers now on by default and keep reappearing

Yes I agree the timeline should be defaulted  to off as certainly the MotoGP use of the timeline does seem to give immediate spoilers (overtakes/crashes/penalties).  There also seems to be a different (inconsistent) approach in how the timeline works between sports. Eg if I replayed yesterdays Football I only get the timeline events that have occured  upto the point I have watched whereas the MotoGP gives all at the start.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Showing timeline markers up to the current play point I could live with and that was what I was seeing when watching a rugby match last weekend. So maybe, as you say, not something new but applied differently between sports. As for MotoGP I could see the lights out and chequered flag and what I assumed to yellow flags but I don't see them as too spoilerish. Maybe TNT don't either.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Probably worth mentioning that timeline markers are I believe available on  some programming on specific devices rather than across the board although I believe Discovery+ have been expanding its availability.

Message 5 of 5

It’s most frustrating when watching Moto GP later on. If you want to fast forward to the race start you need to go up to the scroll bar to get to the race start icon. But for some reason they have decided that the “cursor” starts at the far right so you then have to go left across the bar seeing every event of the race before you can get to the start icon. 
An utterly rubbish poorly thought out and delivered design. 

0 Ratings