cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Discovery+ app not opening today. Has been working fine

Hiya.

I have been using the Discovery+ app ok on various devices since the announcement that the BT Sport+ app is closing.

But today I have issues opening it on my Samsung smart TV.

I just get the Discovery+ welcome banner, and it doesn't go away.

I've tried stopping/restarting the TV. I've removed and reinstalled the app more than once. I can't see a way to remove any app cache, but assume the reinstall resolves this.

Still the same issue.

Anyone else with smart TV seeing this issue ???

Cheers
Stagger
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Discovery+ app not opening today. Has been working fine

What do you mean by stopping/restarting the TV? On Samsung TVs, holding the power button on the remote until the logo appears on the TV is the best way usually.
It'd also be useful to restart anything related to your internet connection too (router, WiFi repeaters, power line adapters, etc).
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Same here, BT Pro box, the app just sticks at the banner. Used it before and it's now not working.

Message 4 of 10

@DarrenDev  I don’t think this issue is exclusive to bt hardware, there are several complaints of the same issue over on sky’s forums, so my guess is there’s an issue at discovery’s end 

Message 5 of 10

@DarrenDev Not restarted the router etc, but physically powered off smart TV twice, and left it a while to ensure power totally flushed from device
If I open my fire tv stick, connected to that TV I can install the app on that and use it. So my account is fine. It's just the smart TV app.

Cheers
Stagger
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Yes getting same on my Samsung TV Discovery + app  plus also on BT TV Box Pro ., working on iPad and Roku.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Yes, same here on my Samsung Smart (2022) tv - Discovery+ app showing only banner. Been working without any issues until tonight. PS: Discovery+ app working fine on my Samsung Tablet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Not working either here on my Samsung smart tv , but can access it on both my phone and tablet ( both Apple)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

FWIW - today folks, my Samsung TV has opened the Discovery+ SmartTV app no issues.

It would not work at all yesterday, but its OK today.
I had removed/uninstalled the app and reinstalled yesterday to try and get this working, so had to re-login, but it appears OK today.

So try again folks, and if you have any issues re-install the app again.

Cheers
Stagger
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I can confirm Discovery+ app on my Samsung Smart tv working fine now today. 

0 Ratings