cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Does BT sport Tv include normal BT sport app access

Go to solution

Sorry if this has been posted before

I have broadband with BT at the moment, I was looking at adding a BT TV box to my subscription and having BT sport. Does this give the same access to the BT sport app on other devices? So does it allow two devices at once? And in turn does it allow me to watch it on other devices in my home like my fire stick or NOW TV stick? And would it also still be in hd on the other devices? In short would the app work exactly the same as if buying the £29.99 monthly pass. I don't think I would want it if I was restricted to only watching the sport on solely the BT box.

Thank you

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Does BT sport Tv include normal BT sport app access

Go to solution

If you subscribe to BT Sport via BT TV, you will be able to access the app for now. BT Sport is being rebranded very soon though and it looks like the BT Sport app will be folded into Discovery+ when the relaunch happens in a few weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
The BT Sport apps will continue for a few months after the TNT Sports rebrand, albeit in a reduced capacity.

A BT TV subscription including BT Sport will allow 2 devices to watch BT Sport in the BT TV app, plus another 2 in the BT Sport app, plus your BT TV box.

You'll see the best quality on your BT TV box and in the BT Sport apps. The BT TV apps don't offer BT Sport Ultimate, so you won't get 4K from them.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for the information Darren. Do you happen to know after the couple months after the rebrand would everything just transfer to a tnt version of the app?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
The Discovery+ app will become the recommended way to watch TNT Sports as soon as the rebrand happens. We'll just be there as a backup for a while until things are settled.
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Ah I see, would I get continued access to the discovery plus app if I was to take up the BT sport TV box now before the rebrand?.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Correct - Discovery+ will continue to be included with BT Sport
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
That's great thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Bangersandmash123 It might be worth hanging on for a few more days before you place your order. I read an article from a normally reliable source this week which stated that BT Sport will be offered for £10 pm again by the end of next week. I can’t find the details but the offer is going to be for either 12 or 24 months at that price. It will involve having to renew your broadband for 24 months and will also be subject to the annual BT price rise.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

The £10 deal is up on the BT website this morning and it is for 24 months.

0 Ratings