cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Eero wifi 6E Mesh, Error code IPC6023 and BT Sport / Now TV

Go to solution

Hi

Not sure if this is one for BT Support or if anybody on the community can help.

I've got afairly complex setup at home (its a rental, so cant drill holes or run CAT5/6 cables) and the main BT phone / broadband socket is in the small bedroom (i.e. study) where my Home Hub 6A is located so had to use a wireless mesh to connect systems all over the house together.

I have recently replaced a BT Whole House 4 disk wifi mesh with a 4 box Eero 6E Mesh to support a planned move to proper fibre once BT puts it in.

Anyway since the move to Eero, I cant get BT Sport (Standard, HD or 4K Ultimate) or Now TV (Sky Sports) working on my Youview box - get ITC6023 / black screen. Note they all work fine when running via Chrome on a laptop / desktop over the wifi.

Restarted the whole lot and same result.

HomeHub Lan port 1 - <wired> - BT Whole Hosue - <mesh> - BT Whole Hose - Switch - Youview = Yes all works

HomeHub Lan port 1 - <wired> - Eero - <mesh> - Eero - Switch - Youview = No

HomeHub Lan port 1 - <wired> - Eero - <mesh> - Eero - Youview = No

HomeHub Lan port 1 - <wired> - Eero - <wired> -  Switch - Youview = No

HomeHub Lan port 1 - <wired> - Eero - <wired>  - Youview = No

HomeHub Lan port 1 -<wired> - Switch - Youview = Yes all works

In the last test, I remove the Eero's completly and works fine. I've tried their support and they suggested bridged mode and/or legacy mode - neither work.

Which suggests the issues with the Eero 6E (either as a mesh or wired directly via the 1/2.5Gb NIC ports). Eero have asked for details on what ports / protocols the Youview box needs so they can help investigate whats happening.

I had been talking to BT via Twitter direct email, but they've gone quiet too.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Roger

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Eero wifi 6E Mesh, Error code IPC6023 and BT Sport / Now TV

Go to solution

BT TV to a Youview box requires multicast/IGMP. This thread seems to suggest that Eero don't support it.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks - I've sent the thread to Eero Support for them to review.
Cheers
Roger
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Update Oct 27/10/22

Hello, 

Thank you again for reaching out and I did do some investigating and asking around. eero indeed does NOT support any implementations of IGMP at this current time. So until then we are going to have to bypass the eero units in order for your system to work. I understand the inconvenience and will make sure I voice this to the necessary channels. Thank you again for your patience and please let us know if we may assist in any other way. 

Best, 

**** | eero Support

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I'm hearing radio ads for TalkTalk making a big thing about using Eero routers. Presumably their TV services also use multicast so I'm not sure how that works. Might be worth having a trawl of their forums for any discussions.

0 Ratings