cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

End of National League football on TNT Sports

National League football has moved to DAZN following a new tv deal - I don't even think TNT Sports were interested.

TNT Sports does not seem to be the premium product that BT Sports was. Olympics coverage is poor. I really do wonder if WDB are reall interest in anything except the very top premium sport product.

Groundbreaking Deal Announced With Broadcast Giants DAZN 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: End of National League football on TNT Sports

I think all the extra Eurosport channels that have been made available means TNT Sports is serving more Olympics coverage than ever before. That said will be needing to resort to the D+ app to watch the Womens Rugby Sevens.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@ozsatwrote:

I really do wonder if WDB are reall interest in anything except the very top premium sport

They are not, David Zaslav at WBD loves cheap reality TV and not much else. 

I hope they get smashed at the next European Football rights auction. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

It isn't TNT Sports doing the extra Eurosport channels - they are a part of the same deal that WBD had with Eurosport for the last Olympics.

And none of those extra Eurosport channels have been added to Sky's EPG.

And the UHD channel has not been made available to TNT Sport customers at all.  It is only available to Eurosport subsxcribers on VirginMedia.

They have said Eurosport is closing after the Olympics.

@gomezzwrote:
I think all the extra Eurosport channels that have been made available means TNT Sports is serving more Olympics coverage than ever before. That said will be needing to resort to the D+ app to watch the Womens Rugby Sevens.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

The Eurosport channels are part of the TNT Sports package.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Depends on the platform.

@gomezzwrote:
The Eurosport channels are part of the TNT Sports package.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

The OP did not qualify their comments by platform.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

The platform doesn't matter in the OP - my comments were that DAZN have replaced TNT Sports as the National League host - and WBD coverage of the Olympics is poor.

But in regards to the platforms - you have to have VirginMedia and Discovery+ to get the widest ranger of Olympic coverage in the UK. SkyQ and EEtv offer Discovery+ but netiher Eurosport 4K. VirginMedia does not offer Discovery+.

There is no HDR in Discovery+ in UK - but it seems WDB in the rest of Europe does have HDR. Users of Max are reporting HDR.

And, as it stands, tomorrow only Eurosport will be on VirginMedia as the TNT channels are likely to be removed. They are in different packages.

@gomezzwrote:
The OP did not qualify their comments by platform.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Not really suprised that WBD have not done a deal with the National League. DAZN have i believe taken global rights . 

there are some precedents  for TNT Sports sublicencing DAZN sports rights to fill content on their channels (not saying that is likely here).

Most National League live games broadcast used to form part of the 4K TNT Sports ultimate events.

There does seem to be a bit of retrenchment of 4K coverage on TNT Sports Ultimate channel so it will be interesting to see what EE TV and WBD offer as replacement for the loss of the 4K  National League coverage.