cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

HD cost

Go to solution

Hello

I'm quite new to BTTV. I signed up to the Sport package so I get TNT Sports and the AMC channel.

I'm also paying £6 per month for HD/4K.

I just wanted to check how much the add on is for HD only? Is there an option for HD only with no 4K?

Thanks for your help 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: HD cost

Go to solution
Sorry to ask another question.
After reading more about the Discovery plus app - could I just cancel the £6 fee I'm paying for HD and watch the HD channels on the Discovery plus app instead? I'm sure I read that the Discovery plus app would show HD as standard?

Thanks again for your help
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

There's no option to pay just for HD and not 4k, but yes - you could cancel the add on and get HD (and 4k) just in the discovery+ app instead. You'll lose the ability to record, and the stream will be around 10 seconds behind the channel.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Darren. That's really helpful.

I think I'll cancel the HD add-on. I'll miss not been able to record the HD channels but I'll give the Discovery plus app a try to see how I get on.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Hi Darren

I phoned customer services yesterday and took off the HD/UHD sub. It says on 'MyBT' that the order was processed today.

However, I still have access to TNT Sports in HD on my BT box pro. Is this correct?

Thanks

James 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
I'd imagine the service will remain on your account until the end of your billing month, but I can't say for sure. Check your next bill to confirm that the charge has been removed.
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@JimYorkUk

Just to echo what Darren said, I recently did this and still have access until my billing date next week. If you go to the TV part of the Your Products section it should no longer show in the monthly add-ons.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 201958.png

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry to bump this thread but just a heads up to check your next bill when you do this.

Even though I did it well in advance of my billing date (more than 2 weeks) I was still billed for the add on on my bill.  Credit though to the BT Live Chat who added a £6 credit to my account and said they'll ensure it's sorted before the next bill. 

0 Ratings