cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Lazy TNT Sports Cant Upload Anything On Time Or Easily To Locate - UFC Events

Im getting sick and tired of the issues that are coming with the new takeover, you guys upped the pricing for the sports monthly pass and it seems you cannot be bothered to upload full event replays on time. I have been searching for Sandhagen Vs Font for over 20 minutes now, it was finished yesterday and always the events in the past were previously uploaded in full just hours later. What makes it more impossible is why the spoiler free section so horrensouly managed since the takeover : (https://www.bt.com/sport/ufc/spoiler-free-replays)

I used to be able to go into that section without spoiling anything and easily find the full event replays hours after they ended, now you guys just throw on individual fights, making it hard to even find full event replays, even last weeks PPV is not added into that section in full. I alternatively checked the schedule to find yesterdays UFC fight night and it just takes me to this stupid article (https://www.tntsports.co.uk/mixed-martial-arts/ufc/2023/which-ufc-fights-are-on-tnt-sports-how-to-wa...

I frankly dont care about TNT sports or what you guys are doing with your brand messing around with the logo, just upload the events on time or i will be going back to ESPN+. Its completely unnacceptable that i have to go searching around for events, already now i have ruined some results due to the Sandhagen vs Font event not being uploaded at all. I dont pay 30 GBP a month for this nonsense, just make a professional website worth the money, it used to be fine but its steadily going downhill with every passing month as you already messed up the video player, removing chapters & other useful features due to sheer laziness. These are just basic things i cannot wrap my head around how a company like BT cannot manage correctly.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lazy TNT Sports Cant Upload Anything On Time Or Easily To Locate - UFC Events

@ab541 events used to be shown in the BT Sport app and recorded, making them instantly available as replays after the event.  This no longer happens in the BT Sport app - it happens in the discovery+ app. We only get provided with some of the content to still offer in the BT Sport app.

We recommend you switch to using discovery+ straight away, where you should get the full experience you're used to.  The BT Sport app will be shutting down soon.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: Lazy TNT Sports Cant Upload Anything On Time Or Easily To Locate - UFC Events

Um, might it not have been a good idea to mention that somewhere on the UFC fights page on the website? How were we meant to know the whole thing was changing.

I usually watch on online, not via an app. What do I do now? It's confusing with the Discovery+... I don't get what that is or how it works, you don't provide any context in your answer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

I agree - communication has been poor. I'm trying to push for messaging to go out sooner, as it's causing confusion everywhere.
Visit www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus for instructions on how to set up your account. Then visit discoveryplus.com for the online version, and details about all the apps available.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

ok thanks, will do that 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I appreciate Darren has given the guide on how to do it but i fully agree with you. No clear communication regarding this, i feel that things are only going to get worse now warner bros have taken over. Darren is probably someone who has been at BT for years, its a shame the current employess are essentially being thrown into chaos as they have all been very helfpul over the years and know its not their fault. 

I personally forsee streaming live PPV's will also probably eventually move to the discovery platform as well as a whole host of unwelcome changes. It seems right now Warner bros are basically stripping the BT/TNT site of anything useful and slowly killing it off to merge with their discovery plus app. Will have to try the guide tommorow but BT/TNT should make it way more clear or loads more complaints are going to start flooding in from other confused monthly sports subscription customers, especially the ones like me who watch all the UFC events.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Agreed... I'm sure staff are doing best they can with this mess they're put into.. but this is literally the first time I've heard of Discovery+ and if it wasn't for coming on here I'd still just be on the btsport website refreshing the UFC page every few hours like an idiot to see the latest fight I'd paid for.. crazy.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

OK, I've made everyone fully aware of the dissatisfaction raised here, as well as via app feedback. The plan is being updated to get messaging across all platforms as soon as possible. There were already messages in the Android and iOS apps, however they clearly weren't strong enough as many people dismissed them without reading.

Note: PPV has already moved to WBD - the BT Sport Box Office app is now the TNT Sports Box Office app.
Message 9 of 12

Hello Darren,

Thanks. I dont use the mobile Apps, im like Sleephorse as i watch primarly through the web browser or through the TV BT Sports app from time to time hence why i did see this notifcation. The last PPV UFC 291 was streamable through the BT sport webpage, so does that mean the next PPV (UFC 292 on August 20th) will not be available through any BT website platform and instead i will have to view in the discovery + app or this TNT Sports Box Office app.

This is all terribly confusing, i honestly cant understand why WB put forward these changes which just convolute and compliate everything. As you also noted:

PPV has already moved to WBD - the BT Sport Box Office app is now the TNT Sports Box Office app.

So to make it easier please correct my understanding here:

• If i want to stream through the smart TV then can i no longer use the BT sport app for streaming live UFC PPV's or UFC fight nights and instead i will have to use either discovery + or TNT app for live streaming. The TNT app for android is also littered with low reviews so not hopeful at all: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.btsport.boxoffice&hl=en_US
  • If i want to live stream UFC PPV's or UFC Fight Night cards through my web browser, then again am i no longer going to be able to use the BT sport website and instead would i use the discovery + platform?

If you can help me with those queries i think it may make things much clearer as there are essentailly 3 platforms in the mix here which makes trying to understand this more difficult. This would also serve as a better reference for anyone else facing these concerns/problems.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Just to add to confusion, there are 3 terms that are used interchangeably:

1. TNT Sports = the brand for the channels/content

2. discovery+ = the app you use to watch TNT Sports (plus other discovery content)

3. WBD = Warner Bros Discovery = the company that owns all of this.

The simplest answer would be to say that all future subscription content is available via discovery+ - both in their apps, and on their web site.  Some content will also be available via the BT Sport apps, but there shouldn't be any need to use any of them unless you're specifically after highlights/clips/interviews/etc.

PPV has always been limited on which platforms you can use - the same platforms will be supported under WBD as were available from BT.  The TNT Sport Box Office app is actually just the same app as BT Sport Box Office, with a new skin.  Most of those reviews are from when it was called BT Sport Box Office.

PPVs could never be watched in the BT Sport apps, and they still won't be watchable in the discovery+ app.  You can see the full FAQs for PPV here: https://campaign-faqs.tntsports.co.uk/

0 Ratings