cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Loss of HD and 4K despite paying for Now Boost

Hi all

So I'm fed up to the back teeth of BT since renewing our contract last month.  Ongoing trouble trying to renew which took about 14 days to finally get sorted....or so I thought 🤔

But now, for the past 2 days, we have seemingly lost our HD and 4K on Sky Sports (as part of the Big Sport package), despite us paying £6 a month for Now Boost.  We had it on our previous contract, and it was on my last crossover bill after renewing.

Is this a general issue or is it just another screw up in a long list of screw ups since renewing?

I'll be perfectly honest, I want to leave BT and switch as we've had nothing but problems trying to get the new contract sorted.  If I leave now, will I get charged?

Thanks,

Michelle 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Loss of HD and 4K despite paying for Now Boost

Hi @mc1975 

BT TV actually has a HD/4K addon and a Now Boost addon.
With your package (Big Sport)  you should only be charged for one of these however I believe  both addons would need to be enabled. So I suspect as part of contract renewal your new Big Sport pack has had the Now Boost addon ordered/enabled but the HD/4K addon  not.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

A quick look at your account suggests that this was all sorted on Monday morning @mc1975 - is that correct?  Your account looks to have all the proper HD flags on it now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

It does now have it back on our account, but we are being charged an extra £6 per month for the privilege.  This was not what was agreed at the very beginning of the debacle of trying to renew our contract (,which originated in July).  Somewhere along the way of numerous (very polite and trying their best) members of staff trying to get all our issues sorted, it got missed off the final package that eventually worked.  But I was told during my latest conversation that we could have it added back into the package, but we need to pay the £6 per month.  To say I'm distinctly unhappy is an understatement.

Thank you fur your time in replying though.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Ah OK. Yes - HD is only included with the VIP package. The Sport and Big Sport packages don't include HD.
Paying for Now Boost means you will have gained HD access from within the Now TV app, but it's then an additional £6 if you want the HD channels in the TV Guide on the TV Box as well. If you want to watch in HD both on the box and in the app, you need to pay for both I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Sorry @DarrenDev  can I go back to this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/hd-add-on-and-now-boost/m-p/2305528/highlight/true#M7272...

which I thought  established that with Big Sport  (which is what @mc1975  has)  you should be able to take the combi-HD add on and get the HD/4K  linear (EPG)  sports channels and the NOW boost for the combined price of £6 .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Sorry yes, you're right @zulu17. So many different combinations to try to remember.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thank you @zulu17 for highlighting this for me 😁.

@DarrenDev so does this mean that I don't actually need to pay the additional £6 for 4K UHD as I am already paying the £6 for NOW Boost please?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Looking at your account again now, I can only see a single £6 charge for "BT HD and 4K and NOW TV HD Add-on" - the separate charge for Now Boost has disappeared.
So it looks like everything is correct. Let me know if your next bill on October 6th isn't what you'd expect.
0 Ratings