cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

PS4 BT Sport App not opening

Hi for the last couple of days the BT Sport app will not open. It freezes on the initial logo then just quits. Worked fine previously and have restarted and deleted and reinstalled app. Any ideas what else to try? Mobile works fine on broadband connection and everything else on PS4 is fine.

20230508_184624.jpg

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: PS4 BT Sport App not opening

Are you on TalkTalk or Shell Energy Broadband? They currently both have issues with their DNS which is blocking access to all BT services. Try opening www.bt.com in a web browser on the same broadband and I suspect it'll fail.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

No I'm with EE - the mobile app works fine it's just the PS4 app.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I've had a chat with the old PS4 dev team. This isn't an issue they've heard of before, and cannot offer any explanation. If the app failed to launch for any known reason, it should show a message on screen indicating why.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @DarrenDev thanks for looking into it - the only message that appears says sorry there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later. The same message has appeared for 3 days now everything else works fine.

Thanks 

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Ah OK - when you said that it just quits, I assumed it did so without showing you a message.
Have you been able to test it today? Is it still occurring?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Yes sorry I should have stated that - yes just trying now. Still not starting. Will try reinstalling again.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Did you try opening www.bt.com from a device on the same broadband?
Also, I believe the PS4 has a web browser - could you try opening www.bt.com from there?
I'd be interested to know of any error messages you may get.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I have had the same issues with the app on the ps4, but on the web browser on the PlayStation it lets me sign in fine but it’s really slow to play any video, live or catch up
Message 10 of 10

Thanks @DarrenDev I will try when I can but did get in contact with EE and they raised a ticket to say someone would get back to me - unfortunately they have just issued me with a new registration which might not be ready for 24 hours - this has kicked me out of the mobile app now so don't have anyway to watch the game tonight...Hopefully the new reg will work.

0 Ratings