cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Re: Prime freezing and crashes on BT TV

Hi there I am having the same issue.

Prime App works fine on  my small TV in the kitchen - it works fine on our Samsung TV but when I try to watch it through our new BT Box - it will not load, freezes and then kicks you out back to the TV.

We have had the BT engineers out to do a health check and internet check - this is all fine.  He said give it a couple of days if if not working we will need to ring BT and request a new box - but surely there is another way.

All other apps are working fine.

We want to watch it through the BT box as it is linked to our amp and surround sound speakers - I do not just want to watch a film using the TV only speakers.

Can anyone help please

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Prime freezing and crashes on BT TV

Hi

not sure if this will help, but I ended up having to do a factory reset to get it working on my BT Box

Neil0 sent me these instructions

1. Switch the box off and then back on again. A red light should appear on the front panel.
  2. Press and hold the down arrow button on top of your box for five seconds until you see 'Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N' at the bottom of the screen. When you see this, press the standby/power button.
  3. After a few seconds you'll see the 'Maintenance Mode' menu. Choose and select Factory reset, keep recordings using the arrow buttons. This option will allow you to keep your recordings, scheduled recordings and any personal settings you've made to favourites and playlists.

it takes a little while, just follow the on screen instructions, you will have to re-authorise your BT Box for each account like Now and Netflix, login to each account on a computer and input the code shown on the tv for the BT Box

hope this helps

bob46 

0 Ratings