cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SKy and Dicovery plus

When BT sport was sold to become TNT I was subscribing to  it and also to have it on sky. I activated my TNT account and it works fine using the Discovery ap. However my account just says I'm paying for TNT on Sky, what I now want is just to use the app and cast it or watch on my device. Can I cancel the TNT on Sky and just use the app, would this be cheaper?  Try to answer this from web site seem impossible

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SKy and Dicovery plus

It's currently £30 as an add on with sky and £31 via Discovery Plus Premium.

If your a BT Broadband customer you can add BT Sport with a Pro Box for £20, with £41 upfront setup costs on a 24 month contract and switch between your sky and bt box for different services.

I seem to remember that you could add discovery plus premium as an add on to your BT Broadband but I cant find this on the site. 

Message 3 of 5

£20 a month with BT Broadband
https://www.bt.com/sport/buy
Message 4 of 5

Hi @PeterGW   TNT Sports on Discovery+ only works if you have a valid subscription. If you cancel TNT Sports on Sky it will stop working until you take out another subscription with somebody else.

Message 5 of 5

@PeterGWwrote:

Can I cancel the TNT on Sky and just use the app, would this be cheaper? 

Yes.

Your two best options have been covered above, cancel your current subscription then either:

1. Take the Discovery+ with TNT Sports app only access for BT Broadband customers - £20 per month, flexible rolling contract

Or

2. Take the EE TV Sport package with a 24 month contract which includes a EE TV Pro box and access to the Discovery+ with TNT Sports app. Pricing varies.

Personally, if you are going to stick with BT/EE for broadband anyway, I would take option 1 and wait for a deal on option 2, which crop up during the year.

I have option 2 at £10 per month and only use the app via either Apple TV or Sky Q as it includes HD and TNT Sport Ultimate.

I don’t believe I am alone in doing this.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED