cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Should I be paying for Discovery+

I am a BT Broadband customer with the Entertainment package, Netflix and TNT Sport.

A little while ago I received an email offering me Discovery+. There was no mention of cost and, as I can get the app on my Sony TV, I signed up and occasionally use it to watch TNT Sports.

However, I've just noticed that on my last couple of bills I'm being charged £3.99 per month for this. This charge is not mentioned in the email and there's no indication in Discovery+ that there's a charge.

I can just as easily watch sports through my BT box so, if there is a charge, how do I get rid of my D+ subscription?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Should I be paying for Discovery+

Sounds like you accidentally created a basic subscription on discoveryplus.com. You can log into that site and cancel it from your "account" page - there's no minimum contract.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @DarrenDev 

I'm fairly sure I set it up through BT but, having checked my D+ account, this is what it shows

Arthur_Brayne_0-1694603402739.png

Similarly, if I look at my products in MyBT, it shows this

Arthur_Brayne_1-1694603518434.png

I don't seem to have any way of cancelling this subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

When you say you're seeing a charge, is it on your BT bill? Or on your bank statement?
If it's on your BT bill, please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your BT ID and BT account number.
If it's on your statement then I'm afraid you'll need to contact discovery+ about that - is it possible that you registered an account with a different email address?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The charge is on my BT bill. Email on its way.

0 Ratings