cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Sky Sports UHD (NOW) vs TNT Sports Ultimate

I’m glad we can agree on the TNT UHD picture. As you mention the players are blurry and that just isn’t something you should have with a 4K broadcast as the whole point of 4K is that it’s crystal clear!  In comparison Sky sports is noticeably sharper which is what I can’t wrap my head around. BT Ultimate looked exactly the same as Sky UHD and obvs now we have TNT and it isn’t as good so something has to have changed- I’m adamant on this as I’ve mentioned I had BT Sport Ultimate.

TBH United could be on in 8k and I wouldn’t watch them😂

and completely agree there should be more content on Ultimate. It should deffo be a 24/7 channel if it is to rival Sky. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Just done a brief comparison & from a foot away, the only discernible difference to me is the score graphic is marginally sharper on Now.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

It’s worth noting that Sky Sports Main Event UHD is a 24/7 channel so everything on main event is also on the uhd version of the channel even if the source isn’t 4K. ie. not all games are shown in 4K despite being on the UHD channel. 
you need to compare a premier league game between the two to the see the big difference. if you do this and can’t see a difference I’d suggest an eye test lol.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Yeah it’s worth comparing a 1230 TNT Sports Ultimate kick off with a 1730 Sky, 

Admittedly I’ve not looked at the City game on Main Event as I’m glued to this Villa game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Same, Villa doing well. Not sure how Upamecano wasn’t sent off…

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

On the first one it looked like Watkins clipped his own heel prior to the tangle of legs between the two players.

Regardless the ref bottled that I think and VAR is taking a back seat at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings