cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

TNT SPORT/EETV app/Discovery plus

Go to solution

I've never really understood  the usage of the  EETV app and Discovery plus  apps.

I can watch TNT sport via the pro box but if I want to watch it on another device do I use the EETV app ( which replaced the old BT Sport one) or the Discovery plus app?? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: TNT SPORT/EETV app/Discovery plus

Go to solution
You have the choice to use either.
The EE TV app provides the channels and some limited catch-up content, in up to Full HD, without surround sound.
The discovery+ app provides access to more content, in up to 4K, with surround sound, and enhanced features within the player.

Note: the EE TV app isn't a replacement for the BT Sport app. It always existed alongside it, and is exclusively for EE TV customers with a sport subscription. Non EE TV customers can only use the discovery+ app.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Discovery+ only has surround audio if you're watching something on TNT Ultimate that has an Atmos feed. Otherwise, its AAC 2.0 across the board (Ondemand and live channels)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

As Darren has said the amount of sport content available on the EETV app as catch up is very limited compared the very comprehensive content available on the Discovery+ app.

However!  If the content is available on the EETV app then I will watch it from there for the simple reason that it has stripped out the ad breaks.  So rugby match replays (edited to fit a 90 minute broadcast slot) pans down to 73 minutes or so with no faffing about skipping the ad breaks.  Similarly for a one hour cricket highlights programme which packs down to 43 minutes or so.  This is even more of an advantage as on the Discovery+ app there is no preview panel as you fast forward so you are guessing as to when the ads end or when the punditathon drivel ends and the event itself starts.

0 Ratings