cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 46

Re: TNT SPORTS Buffering , screen freezes , with rotating circle

Trying to watch WOL v MUN on my LG TV and it is awful. Constant buffering with the odd drop in resolution. No issue with internet. At this rate I won’t bother paying for this **bleep** service.

Message 32 of 46

I have just tried the same (not that I want to watch MU) and the same as last night, unwatchable, and will be cancelling my subscription, had the same issues with MotoGP at the tail end of their season too. Disgraceful that they are charging for this
Message 33 of 46

No luck tonight at all then?

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 46

I've watched a few games on the app over the last 3 nights, as I have mentioned in another post, for reasons I do not understand, the most consistent way I have found to stream HD or UHD via Discovery+ is on my Sky Q box.

Apart from the occasional wobble during a game, it has been rock solid, although it does struggle during the ad breaks, but I then just come out of it until the game restarts. 

As others have said, the Apple TV experience is inconsistent with plenty of quality drops during the game and the app on either of my LG TVs is totally unusable. 

I would go back to using the Multicast stream on the BT Pro box if they didn't insist on the "security rectangle" on screen, which the app doesn't have. Just get the box to overlay a security/viewer code every now and then like Sky does, much less intrusive. 

The fact that WBD have put the price up for this app and it includes un-skippable ads on their so called "premium content" is laughable and their customer service is non existent.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 46

@stereohaven 

Yep, the Wolves v Man U match was perfect last night via the Sky Q box apart from a minor lip sync issue, proving that there is nothing wrong with the transmission itself. It’s delivery to us that’s failing.

Given that the satellite feed is fine, does the issue come down to the capacity of the servers? Have Discovery said to themselves we’ll just use the same set up we use to deliver Deadliest Catch etc, forgetting that live sport means thousands upon thousands all streaming the same thing at the same time?

Message 36 of 46

@Andrew600 

To avoid confusion, if it wasn't clear in my post, I was watching via Discovery+ on Sky Q, not the satellite transmission.

Sky Q is not exactly the latest hardware either, which is why I am confused as to why a stream on it can be so solid, but can't on much more powerful devices.

Most of the apps on Sky Q are very poor quality compared to other platforms.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 37 of 46

@stereohavenwrote:

I've watched a few games on the app over the last 3 nights, as I have mentioned in another post, for reasons I do not understand, the most consistent way I have found to stream HD or UHD via Discovery+ is on my Sky Q box.

Apart from the occasional wobble during a game, it has been rock solid, although it does struggle during the ad breaks, but I then just come out of it until the game restarts. 

As others have said, the Apple TV experience is inconsistent with plenty of quality drops during the game and the app on either of my LG TVs is totally unusable. 

I would go back to using the Multicast stream on the BT Pro box if they didn't insist on the "security rectangle" on screen, which the app doesn't have. Just get the box to overlay a security/viewer code every now and then like Sky does, much less intrusive. 

The fact that WBD have put the price up for this app and it includes un-skippable ads on their so called "premium content" is laughable and their customer service is non existent.

If you have a Pro Box, why not use the Discovery+ app on that. I use it all the time (haven't got the HD add on), and the app is rock solid with a cracking picture.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 46

@Hunter2660wrote:

If you have a Pro Box, why not use the Discovery+ app on that. I use it all the time (haven't got the HD add on), and the app is rock solid with a cracking picture.

The Pro Box is packed up in a cupboard, I've given up on it to be honest. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 46

does the issue come down to the capacity of the servers?

If it were server capacity issues, then everyone would be having this issue, not just selective users in random parts of the UK. The issue is the app's aren't fit for purpose on alot of platforms, they've been rushed out, littered with bugs and no inclination to fix them because WBD feel its a platform issue (Such as tvOS, Fire OS and Google TV ect) not a R & D issue on their side. I do think their use of inserted ads increases the load on devices to the point they crash, stutter and struggle. But that in 2024 shouldn't be the case if the apps are written correctly!

Ive thumped this drum alot on here lately, but the ROKU Streaming Stick 4K is superb. Why that also couldn't be the case for the Fire Stick and Apple TV - I'll never know, because reality is, it should be smooth and seemless across the board but isn't. Thats a WBD issue, especially when you consider the price  to watch TNT Sports and D+ content each month!

Message 40 of 46

@Popeye13_Official 

Fair enough. That makes sense.

Now I’ve seen a lot of your other posts on the subject I can see you’ve covered just about every possibility.

Incidentally, relating to your other months old Firestick thread, I tested the new Max during the West Ham match, having set it to 50hz, and playback was perfectly smooth. No real issues at all. Perhaps one or two very brief split second drop outs that may have been the feed, but nothing that brought up the spinning circle. I’ll need more time to watch with the developer tools stats on screen to sure of anything though, so don’t hold your breath   😂

0 Ratings