cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

TNT Sports on Fire Stick - Any Update?

Something raised quite a while back regarding choppy playback and mass-dropping of frames on Fire Stick 4K Max rendering it useless for TNT Sports watching. Is there any update on progress to fixing the issues because its been radio silence for a bit.

I ask because the Apple TV is also next to useless for watching because the quality fluctuates like a yoyo up and down, even being plugged into ethernet and have tried to raise this issue with WBD but they're as pointless as always in getting any form of support or help.

Id just like to be able to watch to be honest!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: TNT Sports on Fire Stick - Any Update?

I asked for input from anyone else who experienced issues on the Fire Stick, but no one else came forward. I can't reproduce any issues, and neither can WBD, so I'm not convinced it's got any further ) I've not heard any updates).

As for Apple TV - it's completely "black box". Apple decide on the quality level based on their own rules, and developers have no input to the decision making at all.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Oh great . . . . So im screwed then?

(RE; Apple TV) if thats the case, can you explain why i have no issue on any other service that live-streams in full HD / UHD and/or 50fps? (ITVX, DAZN, Now TV, BBC iPlayer, YouTube (50p & 60p) and Prime Video Sport) Non of them fluctuate or look like they're unable to cope; they all stream flawlessly and without incident. Up-until TNT Sports was added, i had no issue with D+, that was the same flawless quality.

Message 4 of 24

@Popeye13_Officialwrote:

(RE; Apple TV) if thats the case, can you explain why i have no issue on any other service that live-streams in full HD / UHD and/or 50fps? (ITVX, DAZN, Now TV, BBC iPlayer, YouTube (50p & 60p) and Prime Video Sport) Non of them fluctuate or look like they're unable to cope; they all stream flawlessly and without incident. Up-until TNT Sports was added, i had no issue with D+, that was the same flawless quality.

And Disney+, All4, Paramount+, Apple TV+, My5, UKTV Play, Blaze, Bloomberg, Pluto, Viaplay etc. the list goes on.

Discovery+ can stream live TV like TLC or Discovery in HD all day long without missing a beat, but turn to TNT Sport and ads break it, quality ranges from HD to 240p and everything in between!

Weirdly I am finding the UHD stream more reliable when available at the moment.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Absolutely this. It doesn't add up at all.

Message 6 of 24

Have watched a few football games on TNT Sports via the Discovery+ app on a regular firestick and not had any problems.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

I hadn't experienced any issues on either of my Apple TV's until yesterday's Champions League draw when it did exactly as described constantly fluctuating. It was fine again today for both Serie A matches, which made wonder if it was a demand thing (it was flagged as 'free' in the app) but it seems more widespread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Have watched a few football games on TNT Sports via the Discovery+ app on a regular firestick and not had any problems.

Which makes it all that more annoying, as some are finding its a crippled mess and others its seemless and no issue.

The issues need to be found and addressed, because they are there,

I hadn't experienced any issues on either of my Apple TV's until yesterday's Champions League draw when it did exactly as described constantly fluctuating. It was fine again today for both Serie A matches, which made wonder if it was a demand thing (it was flagged as 'free' in the app) but it seems more widespread.

Im wondering if its a coding issue that the box can't cope with for some reason and it chokes-out. There is no other reason why the quality should jump around like it does, non. Especially if you're on ethernet and its still not even using a 5th of your available down speed while achieving full quality, yet suddenly quality drops to what looks like lard-smeared and cling-film wrapped.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

FIRE STICK.jpg

Oh, and i call BS that they can't identify the issue causing this. 30sec's of playback on the live MLB game via TNT Sports 2 is this absolute mangled garbage (Fire Stick 4K Max)

Funny how watching the Premier League match over on Sky Sports was no issue this evening, same with Sky Sports News also (Both via Now TV)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

So I'm using a Firestick 4K Max and have got developer tools loaded.  Waiting for something live but not seeing any dropped frames or skipping on sports playbacks.

Can you post any examples to test?

@Popeye13_Officialwrote:

Oh, and i call BS that they can't identify the issue causing this. 30sec's of playback on the live MLB game via TNT Sports 2 is this absolute mangled garbage (Fire Stick 4K Max)

Funny how watching the Premier League match over on Sky Sports was no issue this evening, same with Sky Sports News also (Both via Now TV)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings