cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

TNT Sport as BT customer through Sky box

Hi

i had TNT Sport until earlier this year, as a  BT customer I was paying £18 plus £6 for HD.

i cancelled, but looking to reinstate. I called them, chap was insistent that the now £25 monthly charge was SD only, so £31 in total for TNT HD!

Is this right? Doing it this way was always cheaper than going direct through Sky, but now it isn’t, as Sky want £30 which includes HD.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: TNT Sport as BT customer through Sky box

https://www.bt.com/sport/buy
According to the website, that’s the current price, yes.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

But it doesn’t mention HD. I’m prepared to pay £25 if it’s HD. But I’m not paying £25 for SD.

That my question really - does the standard £25 package get me HD?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

No, you won’t get HD on the linear channels unless you pay an additional £6pm. However, if you watch via the Discovery+ app, you will get HD and UHD on the TNT Sports channels at no extra cost.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Watching via the app will give you HD. It's only via the pro box you need the HD add on.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Ok. So it seems that it’s finally cheaper to go through Sky themselves rather than BT, for TNT on Sky box. Has always been the other way round, 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Am watching through Sky….

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Must admit the price is a little on the steep side to say the least.

Message 9 of 10

The cheapest way available to watch TNT Sports is via the Discovery+ app as an add on to an EE mobile plan.

Next cheapest is getting a deal via BT or EE for EE TV, but not taking the HD/4K add on and just watching through the app. This is what I did. 

After that, or if you are adamant you want to watch via a TV box in HD/4K via a linear channel in the EPG, then it is EE TV via BT or EE with the HD/4K add on, hopefully with a deal of some description.

Lastly, if you want to watch on a Sky device, unless BT run a special deal*, then you are better off buying via Sky as they will discount from the base price if you ask the right agent and you get it on all devices, EPG and Discovery+.

If you are not happy to watch through the app, then you have to pay and I agree, it is poor value and getting poorer as sports coverage quietly disappears either partially or entirely. 

TNT Sports has lost the rights to NBA & WNBA, lost WWE, lost 17 Tuesday night Champions League games to Amazon with highlights now on the BBC, and dropped Ligue 1 according to reports. 

*I haven't found EE offering TNT Sport on Sky, although I haven't looked very hard.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

It was also confirmed this week that TNT Sports won’t be showing the mens European club rugby competitions , although they do have the autumn international series of 21 matches in November. The Serie A coverage has been reduced to just 2 matches per match day for this season. It is also expected that Frank Warren’s Queensbury boxing stable will depart to join up with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom on DAZN when the contract runs out at the end of the year. The schedules are looking increasingly thin now looking at the EPG for the next week. I’m not aware of any sports rights coming up soon that would be considered premium content. The U.K. Eurosport channels were supposed to be closing after the Olympics and expected to be folded into the TNT Sports channels, although it’s not clear how that would work in practice.