Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

TNT Sport

Go to solution

Good morning,

Is it possible to swap TNT Sport channels for Sky Sport channels
without affecting my bill?

TNT seem to have a lot less EPL games than before!

Mike.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: TNT Sport

Go to solution

TNT Sports have the rights to show 52 PL games and Sky 128. We are in the 2nd year of current 3 year tv rights deal and the previous 3 year deal was for exactly the same number of games. So your perception is strange.

It is not possible to swop TNT Sports for Sky Sports. You can either take the Big Sport package or add Sky Sports as an add on to one of the base packs. You cannot have Sky Sports just on its own.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you Brucemeister5, for your reply, it seems that lately when
I look at the schedule, there are load of Italian games, plus lots of
French ones, I see that there is one today, kicking off soon, maybe
my perception comes from looking during the International Break.

Thank you again for letting me know.

Mike.

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

The way to get Sky Sports on its own is to take out a subscription directly with Now.  However, if you do that, be aware that whilst you would be be to watch it via the Now app on the BT TV box, you WON'T be able to view the channels via the EPG or be able to record any of the content on them.

As has already been pointed out, though, TNT Sports has the rights to the same number of EPL games as the last few seasons.  Also, don't forget that they currently have the rights to all of the UEFA club competitions as well i.e. Champions League, Europa League and Conference League.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you andydenyer, I will carry on with TNT and Radio 5 Live,
just as I have in the past.

I looked at Sky Sports, but they are too dear for me £40 per month,
on a fixed income with some support, that figure is almost my Pension
Credit.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Mike.

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@MikeM3  have you tried phoning BT customer service to try to get  a deal on big sport package that way you get TNT and SKY SPORTS channels on one monthly fee. 

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@MikeM3 

I'd be amazed if anyone is actually  paying full price for Sky Sport through Now. I've been subscribing for the last three years & never paid more than £25. Last year paid £20 & currently paying £18. The trick is to keep an eye on their web site for an initial deal, then during the last month you cancel it online. After wading through a number of "Are you sure" screens you will almost invariable be offered a discounted price. You can do the same with all of their packages including the  Boost add-on.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you Bluemoon1, that is on my to-do list, I have been
painting walls all last week.

Thank you rbz5416, I have often in the past tried similar strokes,
to get a better deal, I didn't yet, mainly because it is so difficult to
get past the computer that answers the phone, AI has already it
seems, taken over the BT, I came here because I had spoken with
a human being here, I think that they are all human, the experts
who look after we who cannot do things, for ourselves.

Mike.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@MikeM3  Sky Sports is currently on offer for £21pm by subscribing direct with NOW rather than going via BT. I’m not permitted to post the link on here, but Google will help you to find it. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@MikeM3 

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I was referring to subscribing direct with Now, not via BT. As @Brucemeister5 said, you can subscribe direct with Now today to get Sky Sport for six months at £21/m.