cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

TNT Sports and Eurosportnot working

TNT Sports and Eurosport are not working on my BT Pro box. I can watch on the Discovery+ app on the same  box so there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

the so-called help is useless, it diagnoses the problem as Poor Picture Quality and wants the router restarted, the TV box restarted (done, makes no difference), the Ethernet connection checked (done, Netflix, Prime, and Discovery+ all work and the box itself says it is connected to the internet via Ethernet in the setting). 

It looks as if it has not worked since earlier this week as various programmes from TNT sport had failed to record. 

the box is at the latest software level - checked, could this be the problem? 35 years in IT makes me suspicious of things stopping working when at the latest level.

I am paying to have these channels and want to record the Investec Champions Cup games. I cannot record because BT/EE/TNT can’t get their act together. Absolutely not good enough and sadly very predictable that since the switch from BT only things are iffy, we had rubbish sound shortly after the switch, now channel failures,. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: TNT Sports and Eurosportnot working

What error code does the TV show?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

IPC6023

There is nothing wrong with,y internet connection, I get 28mbps which has been fine for BT Sport HD for years. Everything else is working, only TNT Sports and Eurosport are unavailable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @montague909 I'm sorry to see you're getting the IPC6023 error. This normally means your box isn't getting the multicast packets that deliver live TV. This is different from the way the other apps steam to your Box. 

Is the screen blank with the error message and do you also get it on channel 330?

Is your Pro box connected via wifi?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The box is connected via CAT 5 ethernet and yes, the screen is blank. I don't know whether it happens on 303.

Mysteriously, the problem righted itself after several hours.

However, given your explanation re: multicast the error message is at best misleading. Poor picture quality isn't really the problem is it, no or incomplete data is the issue, surely that is detectable. Someone, somewhere knows what causes this and it could be fixed, I'm not the first person to experience it and I won't be the last.

The on screen "help" is like an episode of the IT Crowd: "Have you tried switching it off and on again".  

So, until it happens again...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

All the TV box knows is that it's not receiving the data stream. Multicast data streams follow a dedicated path across the internet that has multiple dependencies from your box all the way back to the video source - your box, how it's connected to your hub, the hub itself, the connection between your hub and the street cabinet, the street cabinet configuration, the line configuration, the account, the ISP ... so many different possible reasons why IPC6023 can occur.
When you raise a fault with IPC6023 as the message, every single point along the chain needs to be manually checked.

So no - someone doesn't know the fix.