cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

TNT Sports on Discovery+ picture quality

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the picture quality of live TNT Sports on Discovery+ (on Amazon Firestick 4K Max) is not as good as the BT Sport app?

I have used the BT Sport app on Amazon Firesticks since it was launched and the picture quality has always been good, but Discovery+ seems like a step backwards.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: TNT Sports on Discovery+ picture quality

Picture quality seems a mixed bag on Discovery+ across a number of platforms/devices.

You can reach out to them and raise your concerns here: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb 

You can also report problems with a stream via the play bar while watching.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Terrible quality on Discovery + app installed on LG TV, keeps buffering and at times freezes. Contacted Discovery+, followed their advice to delete and reinstall apps with no improvement. Saturday lunchtime fottball in particular can be unwatchable. They do not have the infrastructure to deal with the level of demand. Definitely noyt my broadband or home network, have checked speeds and switched to other apps that are working fine. Really poor service, will probably pull the contract

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The LG app hasn't worked properly for yonks! Its nothing to do with infrastructure management.

As for quality, i find its the best quality of any streaming service for TNT Sports. Nothing touches it for me. Make sure you have your TV set up and not just out-the-box settings, which look appalling. Loads of guides to set up your telly and get the best from it, no matter what it is or the price.

I can't attest to the newer Firesticks, but the older (1st Gen) versions were bad for Discovery+. Quality wasn't the problem, it was the constant frame drops, resulting in a very choppy playback making it unwatchable, but the Chromecast Ultra and ROKU Streaming Stick 4K result in a very good quality image, far superior to BT Sport app, which was badly processed resulting in a shocking quality. iPlayer at 720p was better than the BT Sport app 1080p for quality.  

0 Ratings