cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

TNT monthly pass reactivation - when monthly pass isn’t monthly!

As my team finally rejoined the Champions League this year I signed up to the TNT monthly pass - No Contract mid Sept. 

I cancelled it within the 30 days with no issue as there are few games compared to premiership on Sky coming up. I wanting to rejoin when the upcoming games were of more interest. When I did rejoin the monthly pass today they did not sign me up to a new 30 day “no contract” instead they simply back dated the access to the date the previous pass expired. They charged me for prior period when I had no access rather than activate a new pass which wasn’t an option. 

After an age on hold and talking to a very helpful (albeit recently joined) customer service chap there was nothing he could do. Despite him talking to the billing and Technical support there. 
It’s not the missed days that matter, but the fact that this isn’t a monthly pass that you can cancel and rejoin. The monthly pass is linked to your email, you can’t signup to individual monthly passes and dip in and out like I expected. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: TNT monthly pass reactivation - when monthly pass isn’t monthly!

That's definitely not correct, and clearly something has gone wrong here. I'm sorry you've not managed to get the answer you needed from the helpdesk.
Could you please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your account number, and I'll get this sorted.
If you're able to provide any timeline (even estimated), that would really help - along with the dates and amounts that you were charged. The more detail you can provide, the quicker we can get this sorted.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I have sent you an email only to be sent an automated long winded guide which isn’t relevant.

As noted in my email please be aware I cancelled my second pass as I wasn’t happy with not being given 30 days access, so that might complicate any corrections you are looking to do.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The email you received is an auto response that is sent to everyone, as I'm currently receiving a large volume of emails about discovery+ activation. I'll get back to you about your email tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Just to update on this one:

This was a system fault (that we haven't seen before), and definitely not the expected process. When a monthly pass is resumed, the 30 day counter should always start from the current date - not resume from when it was last paused.

Joe has received a partial refund for the time missing from his current pass.

Explanation:
When Joe cancelled the previous monthly pass, the order got stuck in an in-progress state - some parts were cancelled (the payment, and the login), but others weren’t (the account status). When Joe resumed the pass again, the system thought it was still within a future cancellation window and therefore just “cancelled the cancellation” – i.e. resumed normal service based on the original date.
0 Ratings