cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

UEFA Europa League Final Stream UHD quality/Channel

This evening I had a look at the available schedules for Wednesday 22 May,

Currently the EETV EPG does list the match Atalanta  V Bayer Leverkusen  from Dublin as being on TNT Sport Ultimate 433 and 465 (HDR) channels . The discovery+ app lists a UHD stream as well as a (free) stream (presumably upto HD quality).

Looking further forward to the UEFA Europa Conference League Final from Athens on Wednesday 29th May this is similarly shown as having a UHD stream and a free stream on discovery+. The EETV EPG schedules for that date would not be available for another week.

Looking further forward still to the UEFA Champions League final from Wembley on Saturday 1st June  this is similarly shown as having a UHD stream and a free stream on discovery+.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: UEFA Europa League Final Stream UHD quality/Channel

Good!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

It should be pointed it will be being produced in 1080p HDR even though TNT will be the host broadcaster at Wembley...

https://www.ibc.org/features/uefa-relegates-uhd-for-euro-2024-and-champions-league-final/10918.artic...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Contrary to what that claims, it will be a 2160p HDR production, with a 1080p HDR feed for UEFA, as a number of broadcasters have made clear they want a 4K feed and TNT the same.

Message 5 of 11

Good to know I just remember reading the article.  I was out for the Europa final so where I was watching it was on TNT Sports 1.  I assume though that for the Euros it will still only be 1080 so no more UHD feed via iPlayer.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

There are a number of broadcasters less than happy with UEFA for their sudden about-face with UHD, and have made significant overtures to them regarding it. The decision to not offer UHD across the board for the Euros went down like a bucket of cold sick, and now think that HD HDR is a way of tempering those unhappy partners, but it hasn't.

No Euro's in UHD on iPlayer for me a huge let down. Especially with Wimbledon and Olympics coming in UHD; a massive event like the Euro's and no UHD will look very out-of-place against two other huge events that will look stunning. UEFA have really read the room badly.

Message 7 of 11

I imagine the host broadcasters for this seasons  3 UEFA club finals will have placed contracts  and the filming/broadcasting units reserved  long ago.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Roland Garos (French Open) which starts tomorrow (Sunday 26th) is also available in UHD (some broadcasters taking UHD coverage on the main  Philippe Chatrier, court and others from 3 courts).

According to WBD Sports Europe  (20th May)  media relerase

discovery+ will stream Roland-Garros and the Olympics in the UK, Italy and Germany.

4K coverage in Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the UK. Live local windows in the Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain and the UK.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Still nothing about if Roland Garros is in 4K on Discovery+ here. Can't find a sausage about it, and nothing in the listings on the app itself.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Partly on Discovery but on Eurosport 4K..so for strange reason not on an app itself:)

0 Ratings