cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

UFC numbered cards

Hi,

Are all UFC numbered cards going to be ppv from now on? They used to be included in the package, but tnt box office listed UFC along with boxing and WWE as their events. They used to charge for the odd one if it was a big name headline or if it started at a decent time in the UK, but if they're going to try and charge extra for every numbered event - usually starting at 3am Greenwich mean time - then I guess it'll be time to cancel my sports package altogether and try DAZN instead.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: UFC numbered cards

Eleven Sports were originally going to make all the numbered UFC events PPV but they folded before they began so UFC went back to BT Sport with their tails between their legs and compromised on 4 PPV events per year. If that deal has now ended and Discovery/Warner have renewed the UFC deal, they could probably move to the original PPV deal that UFC wanted originally.

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, I guess we'll see if they try to charge an extra £20 to watch 298 in a couple of weeks. But if that's the case then it's definitely time to cancel my sports package, and probably check when my broadband contract runs out too - I've not been impressed with BT full stop since I moved across, this will be the straw that broke the camel's back!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@veryscarybiscuits we've only got TNT for the football really but we've got it through an alternative provider and it's only £25 for Premium Discovery+ and EPG access for all TNT & Eurosport plus all the catch up stuff from the Discovery channel suite... If they increase the prices though, I'll happily ditch the sport element and drop back to standard Discovery+...  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The numbered events on PPV are a few times per year. Id expect UFC 300 to be BoxOffice.

As for getting DAZN... UFC isn't on there!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@NigelB72  I believe that UFC invoked an exit clause with Eleven  so when BT Sports stepped in that would have been a direct agreement with UFC. That was a few years back and since then further multi year  deal was announced between UFC and BT Sport on 31May2022

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I honestly don't understand the OP, the last numbered card a couple of weeks wasn't PPV & there is nothing anywhere saying the next one will be either

0 Ratings