cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

"Upgrade your browser" - to what exactly?

Go to solution

Have recently experienced this message on Chrome and now with Firefox on my PC when trying to watch BTSport:
"VC089:In order to get the best experience on BT Sport, please upgrade your browser to the latest version."

I am, of course, running the very latest versions of those browsers.
So, which browser versions *does* it run on? I've read before about not being able to watch on  certain browsers because they don't have DRM/CDM abilities, but both of these browser versions do.

So, what's the issue here. BT not reading the user-agent data correctly?
For a paid service, there should also be legacy streams available, as constantly having to upgrade software and hardware is irksome and can be costly. I'm not interested in all-singing and all-dancing extra features within a video player, I just want to simply watch a football match...

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: "Upgrade your browser" - to what exactly?

Go to solution

Which version of Windows and chrome are you using if not the current version as your post suggests you are using N older legacy version

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Win 7 Pro, SP1. I've been greeted for years by BT Sport that I'd need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 (or thereabouts) to actually watch via their player, but it's always worked fine before, except during their own server problems.
I don't see any DRM issues being the cause here, as playback is via a web browser only, which have DRM enabled. Yes, I know "support" ended for Win7 in 2020, but I don't see that as relevant here. Exactly what technological difference is there that would prevent viewing a video stream, when you're viewing in an up to date browser?

As for web browser's, I'm using Firefox version 102.3.0esr and Chrome version 106.0.5249.119 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

@GaryFwrote:

As for web browser's, I'm using Firefox version 102.3.0esr and Chrome version 106.0.5249.119 

I also use Firefox and I'm on 105.0.3, so there is an update available, if you look in settings you can check for updates, the try viewing your BT Sports again.

Richie_0-1665857370703.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks, but that's not available to me as yet, possibly because I'm using the 32-bit version.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Interesting could it be that? Are they now requring 64-bit based OS? Do you run Win7 32bit?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

I suspect that the issue is that you aren't using the latest browsers, but the latest version your obsolete OS supports.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Yes, I'm using Win7 32bit.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Maybe for Firefox, but I believe I'm using the latest version of Chrome?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

I'm fairly certain we've been here before with this issue, although possibly on Mac OS. @DarrenDev should be able to verify which browser versions are currently supported.

Is there a compelling reason why you didn't update Windows? W10 was released seven years ago & was free, while MS ceased all security updates for W7 over two years ago. So your OS is not only obsolete, it is vulnerable.

Edit

This is the thread I was thinking of.

0 Ratings