cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport Ultimate now on Sky

BT Sport Ultimate has finally gone live on Sky Q, Glass and Stream on channel 493 and via red button when watching any BT Sport channels.

The update from Sky suggests it might be available to those on a “BT Sport on Sky” subscription from BT, but says you should contact them to be sure.

I can’t link to the post as it is on the Sky forum, but it is covered here.

I have tested it and it is showing the standard UHD HDR promo loop. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport Ultimate now on Sky

Well let's hope Sky reciprocates with getting their UHD stuff on BT TV although I'm not holding my breath.

Message 3 of 12

Is it showing the Ultimate loop (#433) or the HDR loop (#465)?

The programme schedule in the Sky guide is listing the non-HDR schedule.

I've been told it is the non-HDR promo with the HDR flag being added - so not true HDR.

@stereohavenwrote:

BT Sport Ultimate has finally gone live on Sky Q, Glass and Stream on channel 493 and via red button when watching any BT Sport channels.

The update from Sky suggests it might be available to those on a “BT Sport on Sky” subscription from BT, but says you should contact them to be sure.

I can’t link to the post as it is on the Sky forum, but it is covered here.

I have tested it and it is showing the standard UHD HDR promo loop. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

I think Sky Stream put a nail in the coffin for UHD on NOW, but I still think BT customers might get at least access to Sky Sports Main Event UHD. 

Whatever deal has been done, this should start the clock ticking on it for BT TV customers.

————————————————————-
Message 5 of 12

@ozsatwrote:

Is it showing the Ultimate loop (#433) or the HDR loop (#465)?

The programme schedule in the Sky guide is listing the non-HDR schedule.

I've been told it is the non-HDR promo with the HDR flag being added - so not true HDR.

I assume the loop is HDR as it is showing the HDR flag on my LG OLED, I can’t tell if it is SDR with a false flag I’m afraid.

Events will be UHD HDR with Dolby Atmos according to a Sky employee on the forum.

Edited to add:

The Sky employee has edited their post to say the stream is “HDR capable”, so that probably confirms your suspicions.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

The BTSUlitimateUHD loop is clearly showing SDR with the HDR flag set as everything is far too bright.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

The brightness and colour goes wrong on Sky Sports Msin Event UHD/HDR when they are showing non-UHD/HDR sourced material.

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

The BTSUlitimateUHD loop is clearly showing SDR with the HDR flag set as everything is far too bright.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Quite possibly however we do have a special arrangement with now on bt so it may be possible to have two streams for uhd. (given that there are only two uhd transponders via satellite) so you wouldn't have main event just red button to jump or two channels labelled sky sports uhd 1 and 2.

Given that virgin media has sky uhd via on demand, it might be possible for bt to have the same. After all all you would need is the app to read the box ID to add the 4k content in (Pro exclusive) and only activated if a) you subscribe to now via BT and b) you have the 4k/hd/boost add on.

Or the 4k content is delivered through the bt tv app on the box like amc does. 

Certainly do-able.

Sky will have to play ball especially with the bt Warner-discovery merger/deal. Sky could lose content that way. BT's ace in the hole it seems. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

VirginMedia's deal for Sky UHD content is only 4K movies OnDemand with no HDR.

Still no sign of sport two years after the announcement by both Sky and VirginMedia.

I suppose if the main BT Ultimate channel on Sky was the SDR version - the lesser used HDR could be an addition Red Button stream.

@biohazardx9wrote:

Quite possibly however we do have a special arrangement with now on bt so it may be possible to have two streams for uhd. (given that there are only two uhd transponders via satellite) so you wouldn't have main event just red button to jump or two channels labelled sky sports uhd 1 and 2.

Given that virgin media has sky uhd via on demand, it might be possible for bt to have the same. After all all you would need is the app to read the box ID to add the 4k content in (Pro exclusive) and only activated if a) you subscribe to now via BT and b) you have the 4k/hd/boost add on.

Or the 4k content is delivered through the bt tv app on the box like amc does. 

Certainly do-able.

Sky will have to play ball especially with the bt Warner-discovery merger/deal. Sky could lose content that way. BT's ace in the hole it seems. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Just observations given the establishment of the Joint Venture,

I would have thought BT Sport Ultimate on Sky would be an agreement made by Sky with the WBD/BT joint venture rather than BT.
The Sky Sports channels on BT TV are part of the NOW/BT agreement and any changes would be presumably between Now/Sky and BT.