Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 65

Eurosport now available on Big Sport and VIP TV plan

Hi Everyone,

I have some great news to share!  When we revamped our TV packages to include NOW TV, Eurosport was only available to those customers who chose to stay on the Classic TV plan.  As of today, Eurosport will be available in 2 of our TV plans, Big Sport and VIP.  This means customers can now move to one of our new TV plans without the need to lose access to the great sport that is available on Eurosport

What you need to know

• All Customers taking the VIP or Big Sport plan will get Eurosport Channels included.  This includes existing customer that flex onto VIP or Big Sport and existing customer who already subscribe to these plans

• You will be able to watch Eurosport on your BT TV box, or, on the go with the BT TV app

• The VIP TV plan includes Eurosport HD channels

• If you chose the Big Sport plan then you will get access to the SD Eurosport channels, unless you take the BT HD/Combi HD add on in which case will give you access to Eurosport in HD

• You will also get access to Eurosport on Demand content via BT player and the BT TV app

• Eurosport will air on the following channels,
    • Eurosport 1 SD - 412
    • Eurosport 2 SD - 413
    • Eurosport 1 HD - 435
    • Eurosport 2 HD - 436

What sport is shown on Eurosport.png

Eurosport will air live coverage of the 2021 Olympic Games which is being hosted in Tokyo, Japan.  There is also a wide range of sport available on Eurosport including

• The FIM Endurance World Championships

• The best of road cycling, including the Tour De France

• Roland Garros

• The Australian Open

• The World Snooker Championships

• Winter Sports

You can view all our BT Sport plans from this link, Choose the sport-based TV package that’s right for you

64 REPLIES 64
Message 2 of 65

Re: Eurosport now available on Big Sport and VIP TV plan

@SeanD 
Do we need to do something to get Eurosport Channels? I have the VIP package and a retune, software update doesn’t show them in the EPG.

Stew

0 Ratings
SeanD
Message 3 of 65

@StewM wrote:

@SeanD 
Do we need to do something to get Eurosport Channels? I have the VIP package and a retune, software update doesn’t show them in the EPG.

Stew

Good morning @StewM,

Thanks for the post.  You don't need to worry about doing anything, the EPG will automatically update at some point today but could take 24 hours, so by tomorrow (2nd March) you should see this.  Let me know if that is not the case?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 65

When I saw this post I thought, great  BT is finally doing something sensible then looking further you see the sting in the tail, to get Eurosport you have to pay an arm and a leg for Sky Sports with the Big Sport or VIP Sport packages, you can't add Eurosport to a standard BT Sport package. I have no interest whatsoever in Sky TV, I don't watch F1 or football, bad enough BT pays out zillions for football coverage the cost of which hits people who only have BT Sport for MotoGP coverage.

You say on here Eurosport is available with Big Sport and VIP packages, for anyone looking at those packages you would never know, the page giving package details has no mention at all about Eurosport
https://www.bt.com/sport/tv 
I'll stay with my legacy max HD package, BT Sport + Eurosport, simples what's so difficult about BT offering that as a current option, forget Sky.

Message 5 of 65

Why isn't Eurosport being added to the standard BT Sport package? Eurosport is NOT a Sky package after all. £20 extra, per month, for Eurosport is much more than it's worth given it's only £39.99 per year on the Eurosport Player.
Message 6 of 65

@ChrisB

I agree I dont want Sky Sports and cancelled BT Sport last year.

I used to at times watch Eurosport and my sister liked the ski-ing.

Im not going to change to the very dear VIP package just so I can get Eurosport and the have other sports channels I would hardly watch.

Even Sky and Virgin offer Eurosport on their basic pay package ok is SD only and HD is I think if you take out an dearer package.

Also BT should give you the option to take out Now TV HD add on or the BT HD/4K add on that includes Now TV HD  not make us pay an extra £2 for BT HD/4K.

I have the BT HD/4K add on only as I want the Now TV Big Entertainment package in HD and to register more the 3 devices to my account.

Darren

Message 7 of 65

Hi guys,

I have moved the conversation about accessing the Eurosport HD channel on to its own thread.  You can follow and contribute to the conversation here:  Eurosport HD channel discussion

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 8 of 65

@SeanD 

This is a welcome decision by BT . Although I would ask why this wasn’t available when the new Now TV packages were launched? Personally I now have two subscriptions, one through BT and an annual package direct with Eurosport Player - taken as I would be losing Eurosport moving over to the new Now TV packages. 🙄
I also have another subscription ending shortly, Premier Sports - any chance of BT adding this as well? 😉

Stew

SeanD
Message 9 of 65

@StewM wrote:

@SeanD 

This is a welcome decision by BT . Although I would ask why this wasn’t available when the new Now TV packages were launched? Personally I now have two subscriptions, one through BT and an annual package direct with Eurosport Player - taken as I would be losing Eurosport moving over to the new Now TV packages. 🙄
I also have another subscription ending shortly, Premier Sports - any chance of BT adding this as well? 😉

Stew

Good morning @StewM,

Thanks for the post.  To be honest with you I have no idea why we were unable to offer Eurosport when we launched NOW TV and I don't believe it is something that BT would comment on ☹️  I am sorry that you have now ended up with two subscriptions.

I haven't heard any mention of BT offering Premier Sport on BT TV but let me make some enquiries to see if we have any plans in this space.  I will drop you a reply once I know more

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 65

If there are any "sorry for ending up with two Eurosport subscriptions" vouchers being handed out can I have one too please? 🙂

(something like some courtesy film rentals I could make use of)

0 Ratings