cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Why isn't the Champions League in BT Sport Ultimate?

I see many games are on BT Sport Ultimate this days. Sadly all Champions League games are in standard HD channels, which is disappointing. Is there any specific reason for this? This are the most interesting events have to offer, can't see why they are not in 4K.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why isn't the Champions League in BT Sport Ultimate?

It purely depends on what the host broadcaster provides. Normally some of the games in the UK are in 4k

Message 3 of 5

It's not very often that away games in the CL or EL are in UHD.  Saying that I'm not surprised the Liverpool isn't as that's been moved to Hungary and they probably don't have the required infrastructure but I'm equally as surprised that Barcelona doesn't have the technical infrastructure to support UHD broadcasting. I'd imagine it also comes down to the host broadcaster having the required uplink trucks etc

Message 4 of 5

Yes, surprising hat games in Germany or Spain don't support it, especially when the German league games are in UHD in the weekends.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

All the English teams are away from home this week.

Depends weather the host broadcaster transmits the game in Ultra HD. For example Leipzig v Liverpool was on DAZN in Germany. DAZN do not broadcast in Ultra HD.

The  Saturday 18:30 (CET) Bundesliga game is broadcast in Ultra HD & HDR by Sky Deutschland.