cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Are you able to share with another household Now TV when with BT EE...

My sister in law wants to watch something on Now TV....am I able to share that account when I am with BT EE?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Are you able to share with another household Now TV when with BT EE...

@BornOfTheGalaxywrote:

My sister in law wants to watch something on Now TV....am I able to share that account when I am with BT EE?

There may be something buried in the terms and conditions about not sharing with another household, but ultimately, if you are happy to share your user name and password with her and she has a device that can access the NOW app, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

It will show up on Sky systems as a new device and IP address, but it will look like it could be just you travelling and watching on a Fire TV Stick or similar if it is fairly infrequent.

Netflix and Disney+ have put in place IP based restrictions relating to this type of sharing, but not Sky (yet).

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 5

Ahhh okay then. I am happy to. She is looking at watch something on MTV I do believe so hopefully she can 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yeah, strictly speaking it’s against the ts&cs and very unlike Sky not to have put in place some IP based restrictions. If you’ve got the NOW Boost you’re allowed 3 simultaneous streams ( if you had it before a certain date earlier in the summer near the end of July I think).If you don’t have Boost it’s still possible to have 2 simultaneous streams with EETV but it’s a tricky one to explain and I’d rather not unless I have to.

Message 5 of 5

Looking at the wording NOW have on their website it seems to currently say.

3.4 Security

3.4.1 You are responsible for the security and proper use of your NOW log-in details (username and password) and, if you have NOW Boost or NOW Ultra Boost, all activities of members of your household using your account (“additional users”) including purchases. You must not disclose your NOW log-in details to anyone else, including any additional users. If you know or suspect that your password has been compromised, or you suspect or become aware of any other breach of security, you must tell us immediately, and you must also ensure that any such username and password is changed as soon as possible. If we believe that there's been, or is likely to be, a breach of security we may suspend usernames or passwords and require that they're changed, we may also restrict your use of all or any part of the service.

3.4.2 Any charges incurred on your NOW account, including by additional users, are your responsibility and will be debited from your credit/debit card using the details you provided when signing up. You must not let anyone outside your household access the service using your account or login details.

They are NOW T&Cs rather than EE/BT.

0 Ratings