cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT/EE TV web app on laptop

Go to solution

Hi community, hoping this is the correct place to post.

I have a 'Manage Devices' problem. With EE/BT TV web player, when I try to watch on my laptop I get a message telling me I have reached my device limit. I go to device management and I can see I can add up to 4 devices, watching 2 simultaneously. However, I can see 4 device boxes on the web page - the first has my Ipad registered from 2018 and the other 3 have a padlock and say 'you can register a new device every 30 days'. How do I register my further 3 allowable devices? I have not registered a new device for about 2 years. Is there a bug? As it stands I cannot watch anything on the move that I am paying for as the web app has locked me out. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

With a bit more research it looks like my device count needs resetting so that I can re-allocate device slots.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT/EE TV web app on laptop

Go to solution
I've moved this post to Broadband and BT apps
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: BT/EE TV web app devices all locked

Go to solution

That sounds very much like a legacy problem which I thought had long since been overcome, if I'm right then you will need assistance from a moderator

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @fugee I'm sorry about that, I'll send you private message so you can get in touch with the community moderation team. We'll be happy to raise a fault to get your manage device list reset.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@NeilO All sorted now, thanks for your help. I assume it was a reset on my account which has done the trick.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @fugee Yes, it was reset, you noticed it was sorted before I had the chance to update you. I'm glad it's done the trick.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

You're right @Les-Gibson - this is a very old problem that has been around for many years.  Occasionally (very rarely) accounts can become "stuck" - there are free device slots available, and no new devices have been registered in the last 30 days, but still the service says no.

We've got a new guy in the back end dev team who is awesome at finding annoying little bugs like this.  I've given him this example, to hopefully find and fix this once and for all.