cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT TV ENTERTAINMENT OFFER

The offer seems good but it dont include HD and BT always put there prices up 1st April.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

@Brucemeister5wrote:

...So your flexible tv package is subject to the BT Annual price rise, but NOW channels, Netflix or Prime Video taken as ADD-ONS are exempt from the price rise!

You can see why people get easily confused though, the minimum flexible TV package you can buy is 'Entertainment', which is Freeview + a NOW Entertainment pass + AMC and Netflix in SD, so what exactly are they claiming the price rise applies too?

The Freeview and AMC elements?

I can see a case for that, your base pack is basically Freeview (however delivered) + AMC + the Pro Box rental and that is what the increase applies too, but you can't actually buy just that can you?

You have to have a NOW Entertainment pass, so was the 9.3% applied to the 'Entertainment' pack price as a whole?

It's fine if it was, as long as they are clear that everything above that package is the flexible bit, but that is the minimum package you can have and what any price increase will apply to. Clear as mud, but then confusion marketing has long been the BT way, no wonder their staff or customers can't keep up.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 13 of 17

It’ very confusing. The way that I interpret it if you have Big Sport for instance, the price rise would apply to that. However, if you had Sky Cinema, Sky Entertainment, Netflix and Prime all as ADD-ONs then those would be exempt from any price rise. 

Message 14 of 17

As Freeview is free then the only element BT are applying the rise to is presumably AMC

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

I can see its not very clear what the price rises are.

In a way im glad I cancelled BT TV just over 6 months ago and went direct with Now for the same package I was on with BT. Now Entertainment, Sky Cinema plus HD Boost with discounts.

Dont miss the AMC channel as I only used to watch it now and again.

I also have Netflix 2 screens plus HD £10.99 a month but have always shared the monthly Netflix fee with my sister.

Also have Prime and Disney +. Both I pay yearly for.

I now use the Amazon Firestick HD version more for the apps then I do the Youview box.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@Brucemeister5   Couple of observations on your last comment.

Addons of third party products  that you opt for on top of your BT Tv package would be normally be at the  product standard price which would be set by the third party, so if the third party changed the price that price would  normally be the new price for the addon at the next renewal point (after the price change). Most addons renew each 30 days ie effectively different contract terms to your base BT TV package.

Where third party products are included within a  TV  package BT will control the price of the package.

Big Sport is not an add on it is a TV package in its own right . So you wouldn't have  Big Sport  as an addon to a BT Tv Entertainment  Tv package . If you wanted to retain your BT Tv Entertainment pack  at the promotional price and have Bt Sport  and/or Sky Sports you would need to include them as seperate addons at the standard prices.

Hope that makes sense,

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@zulu17  I didn’t suggest that Big Sport was an add-on, I was using it as an example of a package that someone might have with Sky Cinema etc as add-ons. The third party add ons are not subject to the BT Annual price rise specifically which was the point that I was making. Of course those prices may change for a number of other reasons.

0 Ratings