cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT TV Entertainment and Netflix question

No. It’s £6 for basic Netflix plus NOW Entertainment. To upgrade to Netflix Standard it’s an extra £4 or an extra £8 to upgrade to Netflix  Premium. For £10 those choosing BT get Netflix Standard(2 screens with HD) plus NOW Entertainment, which is more than you’re getting for £10.99 directly with Netflix, albeit with a 24 month contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

Not quite @ney 

Through BT you can upgrade Netflix basic to standard (£4 extra) or to premium (£8 extra). I think it works out the same price as if purchased direct from Netflix.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

@BillyM 

Yes but you will have to add Now HD Boost to that price at £5 a month extra and the now I getting Now HD Boost for £2 a moth for the next 3 months.

BT dont have a deal on Sky Cinema that I also have.

As someone else posted on there the same package with Entertainment and Sky Cinema will cost £27 with BT then extra £5 for Now HD Boost.

Im getting Entertainment for £5.99 a month for 3 months. Some deal with Sky Cinema and as I said the Now HD Boost for £2 for the next 3 months.

So BTs deal may look ok but still making a saving going direct with Now.

It may work out much the same price if you getting Netflix with BT. Than going with Netflix direct.

I also have Prime direct from Amazon and pay yearly for that.

Also now pay yearly for Disney +. After changing from monthly a few months ago.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

For sure but then again, having it all in one place (almost) and having the now channels appear in the guide is a bonus only to BT you won't get anywhere else.

That was something that drew me to BT was the fact that it is flexible and I can record those channels.

The new pro box does have some silly issues but on the whole its quite solid, and definitely a fast box to use (I cannot stand slow sluggish UI's)

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

Indeed @biohazardx9 . The ironic thing is that @ney was told about the discounts that could be obtained by going direct to NOW for your subscriptions by both me and others when BT first started offering those channels. He chose to ignore them and signed up for a 24 month contract with BT instead. 

After going direct myself for many years, I’ve finally decided to get BTTV for the very first time. We’ve got a really good deal for Halo 3+ too and everything’s all in one place, together with flexibility if we want it.

Message 16 of 30

It's all down to personal circumstances and needs. Advice I would give anyone is take your time and really work out what works best for you.

I switched from Sky HD+ to BT TV in December 2021. See some of the questions I considered when trying to decide amongst all the various options. (I might have left some bits out as I'm working from memory)

1. What content do I really want?

BT Sport; Sky Sports. Want to be able to record so that I can watch as live later on.

Sky Atlantic; Bill Maher, John Oliver (Sky Comedy), Daily Show (Paramount), Netflix, Amazon Prime Video.

HD.

1. What content is nice to have or I could probably do without?

I realised I was barely watching many of the channels I was getting through Sky (e.g. the Discovery channels). I like having some channels to browse through though.

Don’t need: Kids channels.

Nice to have: Eurosport.

1. Any technology issues?

Aerial is fine. Have a communal Sky dish but there is poor signal quality at my property, effectively ruling out SkyQ. FFTP available.

SONY smart TV which has access to all the apps (including Disney+, Apple TV, All 4 in HD).

1. Timescales

Willing to try BT for 24 months of a contract. I figured there would be huge changes in the streaming sector within that timescale so who knows what the options will be in 24 months.

1. What deals are about?

At the time BT were offering 3 months half-price on VIP so I took up the offer. This meant having Sky Cinema when not planning to initially (I seem to find films old and new to watch so happy with that).

Message 17 of 30

@BillyM  agreed, it is down to personal choice.

in my case it was the fact that it works out better for me and although where I live I can get G.Fast (FTTP not here yet). seemingly only BT and talktalk offer the 300mbps speed (sold as 250). Sky will offer 150 though.

I could have gone with sky and had Q installed but in all honesty, the idea of the flexible packages on self install pretty much one of the factors in this.

I have a communal dish as well but I don't want to rely on it. When I get round to it I will slap a cheapo freesat HD box (doesn't need to record ), just to fulfil the extra channels I am missing and I am sure someone has a used box on gumtree/fb etc. (oddly my FM socket on the wall doesn't work, I wonder if its attached to a DAB antenna)

I think what with the revelation on another thread about channels appearing via streaming if no Ariel, BT now in a better position and honestly it's a solid product.

Message 18 of 30

We’ve now got Entertainment (Netflix basic + NOW Entertainment) with add ons of BT Sport, Netflix Standard and HD/UHD. I was looking at the options to change our package via MyBT and found that we would be able to swop to Big Sport if we wanted to, but we would still get to keep the Netflix subscription whilst losing the NOW Entertainment part. We would then be able to add NOW Entertainment as an add on. I wasn’t expecting this, but that would be ideal for me as I’d get Sky Sports on our BT box rather than having to pay a separate subscription direct to NOW, together with another Boost as well. The flexibility of BTTV really is perfect for us.

Message 19 of 30

Openreach FTTP has been delayed coming to my area twice in the last 3 years.

Only way to get FTTP in my area is to go with Virgin and have heard some people love Virgin and some others say there customer service could be better.

My Now service with BT is due to end sometime before next Friday.

Only thing I may miss for a short while is not being able to record the Now channels but will get over that. As only used to record the Now channels if the show was not on the Now demand/catch up but 85% of the shows I watch via Now are also on demand/catch up.

Darren

Message 20 of 30

Just had a look at the current offer & it again seems puzzling. Unless I'm missing something somewhere, if you select the Entertainment/Netflix package you cannot then add Big Sport. You have to take the sport packages separately, costing £49 instead of £41. Conversely, if you take Big Sport at the start the Entertainment/Netfix package isn't an option.

Looks like typical BT smoke & mirrors.

0 Ratings