cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Windows cannot login with BT TV player

So I have installed BT TV player for windows but am unable to enter user Id and password.  Does anybody know why?

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Windows cannot login with BT TV player

Hi @AndrewNorris Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues logging into the BT TV player. Are you getting an error message? 

Also, can you log in to the BT TV web player using the same details?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Yep can login on site ok, but when web player launches I cannot type into username/ password boxes!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

@AndrewNorris Oh I see, can you delete and reinstall the app to see if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

Yes I tried that and it made no difference 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

@AndrewNorris I'm stumped sorry, when @DarrenDev is back on the community he might be able to offer you advice. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Thanks anyway 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Absolutely baffled by that one @AndrewNorris .

Could you please launch the BT TV app from your start menu, not from the web site.

When it launches, what do you see? Please describe your experience in as much detail as you can.

Message 9 of 32

Hi guys, same issue for me, updated the player yesterday (6/4/22) and now the login and password boxes don't accept input, either typed or pasted.

Opening the app works normally. TV player window opens, I get the BT TV screen with the processing dots, then login page opens as expected.

Links, "forgot ID", "forgot password" work. Radio button for "remember me" works, and "Log in" button works.

You can select the username and password fields, the cursor enters the field and blinks, but key presses do not register so the fields stay blank.

Application has been uninstalled and reinstalled, computer has been rebooted. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Ok thanks for the detail. We've just launched our new app - it sounds like it has issues on some setups. Could you please confirm what version of Windows you're on, and whether you're using a physical keyboard or a touchscreen one? I've made the dev lead aware of this thread.
0 Ratings