cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 47

Re: BT TV addons bug and order stays open

Go to solution
I've just had an in-depth discussion about your bill with our accounts expert. He has explained:

The £10 discount you had on the entertainment package was just for that package when you took it out - it's not transferrable to the VIP package I'm afraid. Our system doesn't store bill previews - only the final order confirmation email sent to you, which confirms the price without any discount.

We're unsure how Netflix charged your card - or even how they got your card details? They bill through BT, so are never directly provided with this information. As long as you activated your included Netflix subscription using the same login details though, any existing payments will be subtracted from your next BT bill.

The system doesn't allow us to preview your future bills, but our expectation is that it will include the relevant credits on it. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll take another look.
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 47

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Hi Darren

Before joining BT, i already had an active Netflix account with card details registered with them for payment.

when i joined BT, my active Netflix account was moved to being managed by BT, and Netflix stopped taking payments from me.

when your IT cancelled my existing package that was stuck, Netflix almost immediately were notified by BT that i was no longer paying BT for my Netflix, so they instantly took payment.  

When my new package was then activated, Netflix then reverted to my account being managed by BT, but they haven't refunded any payment.

Regarding the next bill being accurate and refunding me the circa 2 weeks overcharge on the last bill, i'll have to wait until the bill is generated to be able to confirm that.

I accept your comment on the monthly discount not applying to the new package, but the discount was part of the broadband package which i had signed up for, and i still receive all the original services, i'm just paying for some extra ones now (BT sport etc) so i'm disappointed this discount has been removed.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 47

Go to solution
In which case, yes - the existing Netflix payment will be taken into account in your BT bill.
I also understand your disappointment over the discount. Although Entertainment is a subset of VIP, they're considered different products. If you'd added the other content as add-ons to your existing package you'd have kept the discount, but it would have worked out more expensive overall.
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 47

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Hi Darren

I've received my October bill today and there is no sign of the credit for the previous incorrect charges. 

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 47

Go to solution
I've chased for a credit of 22nd August to 5th September for when your service failed to activate.
I've asked for clarification on the Netflix situation.
Message 46 of 47

Go to solution
A compensation credit is now being applied to your bill to cover both the TV and Netflix issues.
It's recommended that you check the Netflix account page just to make sure it shows that it's being paid by BT, to prevent you being charged again. Everything looks good from our end, showing that you claimed your Netflix account on September 5th at 6pm.
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 47

Go to solution

thanks Darren

I've checked and Netflix shows as being billed by BT.

I'll keep an eye out for the credit on my next bill.

0 Ratings