cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT TV - is NOW Alibi content limited?

Go to solution

Thanks @why_oh_why I'll ask them. I had just hoped some BT NowTV users could shed some light with that concrete example. I'd like to mark your answer as the solution but I don't use this forum much and couldn't see any option for me to mark any reply as such.

Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@Yev 

I did some checking for you. I have BT Big Sport with NOW Entertainment as an add-on.

Deception is only available live. I can watch and record using the BT Pro Box. It is not available to stream via the NOW app via the Pro Box.

Regarding: The webpage https://www.bt.com/tv/on-demand/now-tv/alibi-tv-channel-whats-on-top-shows-series-how-to-watch-strea... says "Catch up on Alibi TV programmes with the UKTV Play app" - not NowTV.

I had a look on the UKTV app via the Pro Box. Alibi is not a channel listed (only Dave, Drama, W, Yesterday). So any catchup or on-demand of Alibi is via the NOW app.

Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

The BT article is incorrect , Research by the author and a proper review process should prevent these  errors occuring but some (too many in my view) seem to occur.  UKTV app is only used for the Freeview channel catchup/On Demand. The  Subscription channel content such as it is  has always been provided  by player(s) provided by the subscription provider.  As you get Alibi by the Now Entertainment membership that is the Now Player.

Deception is not really a new series , it is just new to Alibi . Research indicates it was ordered by ABC and cancelled after one season in 2018. The likihood is that Alibi acquired  linear broadcast rights at a later date but most probably not streaming righrs (but only they can confirm).

0 Ratings