cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT TV on another device

Go to solution

How can I watch BT TV on anything other than my BT Box? I've tried using the BT TV app on my phone and laptop but when I login under my main account I get the error Sorry there's been a problem logging in, please try again. (WJ950) or the error that I don't have an account. I can login under a different email address but don't have access to anything at all even though I pay for an Entertainment account, Netflix, Britbox etc. (Basically I want to be able to access programmes when I am travelling.) I spent an hour on chat today but got nowhere. I read somewhere to try the Now TV app, but that just says I don't have an account. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT TV on another device

Go to solution

Hi @mcward63 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're having problems logging into the BT TV app, are you sure you're logging in using the primary BT ID that has account holder status?

You can check this by logging in to MyBT on a web browser, click 'Your details', click 'Account' and on that page, it will tell you.

Post back and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I think this may be the root of the problem, but not the actual problem.  And I was talking through this with help last night.

Just to explain I have a 'legacy' email that dates back to BT-Yahoo which is my primary email address. (I'll call it X)  My BT account was initially registered under a new BT email address Y. I transferred my contact details to X on My BT some years ago.  I generally login to MyBT using X and I see all my bills and details with X (I can also see them if I login using Y). 

I can't login to BT TV using X--I get an error message every time. If I login under Y, I can access the app but I don't seem to have access to anything--there are no subscriptions and I need to pay for everything. I know I can watch these for free on our BT Box. (There are just one or two free things, and everything else is pay.)  I just want to be able to watch a few things via my phone or laptop when I am away. 

There may be something else here too, I noticed I was paying twice for Netflix and Britbox, both through BT TV and directly. (My direct subscriptions were linked to email X.)  I cancelled my direct subscriptions with Netflix and Britbox, but now when I access my account via BT, (using accounts X or Y) even though I am still paying for them, it asks if I want to resubscribe. (The accounts haven't expired yet, they do in a couple of weeks.)

We used to have cable but were only watching streaming services and switched to BT TV several months ago. It is great on the BT Box, I just want to access it elsewhere. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@mcward63 I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

BT TV app only allows you to watch BT sports, AMC or pay per view movies. If its anything else you will need the Now app or bbc iplayer etc.

It's a real shame that BT cannot let you watch your full package on its app like you can with sky and virgin

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

That is really useful to know. (And obviously where I have been going wrong.) So should I be able to login to Netflix and Now TV using my BT ID? Because I can't. Otherwise the BT TV service is very expensive to be able to use just with one BT box.  (I used to have Virgin cable so I presumed BT would be the same.) 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Yeh you use your sub on other devices, I had netflix and a now account before I joined bt so they just switched them over, if you cannot get it to work call CS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Yes that's what I had. But after joining BT at Christmas I was still paying for NOW and Netflix both to BT and directly. So I cancelled my direct subscriptions and now I can't access them at all. I thought perhaps I had to use the BT app to access them.  I contacted help about the subscriptions in March and they said they had transferred them, but I was still paying directly. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hah! After months I have sorted it and sort of feel stupid, although it isn't totally my fault.  I have an old 'legacy' email that I use to access my BT account, as well as the official account address. For some reason Netflix uses my BT account details and NOW uses my legacy email, even though they are both under the same account. It seems a little strange.  But at least I can access them now. Thanks people for help and sorry to BT for being stupid. 

0 Ratings